Chapter 17

The glimmering moon rays filtered through the rather weak canopy of bamboo, leaving little glints and glimmers. A night owl cried faraway. The hot springs at the depths of this bamboo forest was the private territory of Li Yanlong.

It was large with pillar like mossy stones rising off the slightly warm and bubbling waters. There was a pavilion by the side, provided with necessities for a bath.

A curiously carved narrow stony stairway led the way to the waters below. There were some places where water was only up to the ankles. In some places the water ran waist deep. There were also few places were the water was up to one's chest.

It was already past midnight. Shen Nuo followed Yanlong through the silent bamboos toward the hot springs and his face looked like a smudged cashew nut. It was only that evening he suddenly received the Dog Emperor's orders summoning him.

What now? To help him bath? This Dog was really dreaming so high. Shen Nuo spat.

Let's see if you don't chase me out by yourself! I'll disgust you dog until you feel sick when you hear my name!

There were no maids here. And the Emperor never let maids or servants serve him whenever he bathed. He did everything by himself. He entered into the pavilion and went to a rack to take a bathrobe but it was soon snatched away by a pair of trouble searching hands.

Shen Nuo smiled broadly displaying his set of thirty two teeth. "Let this consort do it for you!"

Yanlong: "..." What was Shen Nuo playing at? Nevermind! He walked towards the banks of the hot springs and bent down to take off his boots.

But Shen Nuo threw the bathrobe away and immediately prostrated on the ground forth him, pulling the black leather boots off. "Let this consort do it for you, ok?"

Yanlong: "..."

The Emperor shook his head dismissively and raised his hand to pull off his jade crown.

Shen Nuo threw away the boots and almost tore off his hair as he pulled off the jade crown in haste. "Let this consort do it for you!"

The long and shiny silky raven hair cascaded down the Emperor's slim waist immediately. The Emperor pursed his thin lips.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked creasing his sword brows testily.

But Shen Nuo smiled to him sweetly. "Your Majesty, this consort suddenly understood. He had been rude to you. He asks for forgivings. It's his duty to serve Your Majesty. Please feel free!"

The Emperor raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

Shen Nuo nodded furiously. His face looked cute under the gentle moonlight.

"Alright!" The Emperor said, stretching his arms either sides. "Then undress Zhen!"

Shen Nuo nearly dropped the jade crown. "What -?"

Emperor Li pretended to narrow his eyes. "Is there anything wrong, Consort Shen? You want Zhen to bath with the Dragon Robe? Zhen told you to undress Zhen." He reminded in a gloomy voice.

Shen Nuo was dumbfounded. Sweat drooped down his temples despite the cold wind that blew. He just wanted to piss off the Emperor. But...

What the fuck are you resisting for, Shen Nuo, you have the same things as his! Just keep calm and peel the damn clothes off and pretend you saw nothing!

And then Shen Nuo was shocked by his own thoughts again. Why should he be nervous? Both are men! It was not like that the Emperor had something that he didn't have.

Shen Nuo's face now looked as if to drip blood. It was a rich cross between strawberry and black currant.

Just grit your teeth and do it, ok? Yeah, just like that, calmly, like meditation...