Chapter 32

(Back to the present)
_________________________________________________________________

These few days, Shen Nuo wasn't bothered by any matter. So Shen Nuo spent his days at Mingyue Palace busy with his own investigations and tutoring Minghe.

Nothing serious happened except Jinyu who dared to eat Shen Nuo's terrible cooking and became the ghost that haunted the toilet for a week. Minghe visited often and learned many interesting things.

Zhanhua visited at least once two weeks, secretly and they would exchange all that they had discovered about the murder that was going to happen.

Other than these, there wasn't any serious issue that troubled him except one. Shen Nuo was repeatedly visited by strange dreams all of which seemed to belong to original Shen Nuo's childhood. He did not know why he kept dreaming about them. But why did they also feel like some long forgotten memories he had?

At first Shen Nuo was annoyed. But with time, he was baffled. As he gradually recovered original Shen Nuo's memories, he felt more and more complicated. There were many things beyond the novel that he doubted. For example, it was actually the Emperor who had taught Shen Nuo Martial Arts and lore... This was something that he didn't expect even in his dreams.

The other thing was, the Emperor had really loved Shen Nuo before. He used to protect Shen Nuo secretly. But everything changed on their wedding day. Li Yan suddenly became cold to him. But what was the reason for such a sudden change?

Li Yan wasn't a person who would try to get revenge for simple matters. His mood was like frozen ice that would never melt even by fire. Such being the case, what on earth happened to him to have that of a strong emotional change just within a very short period of time?

It was not a secret in Li Yang that the newly wedded male consort was ignored by the Emperor in the wedding night. It was true. Li Yan didn't go to Shen Nuo's room that night. He spent the night with Consort Lian instead. One month later, Li Yan married another woman and made her his Empress...

Modern Shen Nuo also saw in his dreams how the original Shen Nuo struggled later to get the Emperor's attention. He tried everything he could. He was very naive and sensitive. He wasn't much strong. But for the mad love he had towards Li Yan, he did everything he could. He wore heavy makeup. He dressed flashy robes... He tried to act like a woman... All he wanted was attention so he tried to get it innocently.

But he became the laughing stock in the harem. He was often bullied. He was harassed and was laughed at and mocked. Li Yan ignored him. He never looked at him. He never listened to him. When Shen Nuo was framed for faults he didn't do, Li Yan was the first to punish him. Those dark days, the only comfort that original Shen Nuo had was Zhanhua...

Zhanhua was very kind and understanding. He secretly helped Shen Nuo a lot. And later, he was caught by the Emperor and was beheaded under the accusation of having a secret affair with the Emperor's consort...

How did things come to this? What is there behind the scene that original Shen Nuo didn't know? Why was he suddenly ignored by Li Yan after having been Li Yan's secret crush for years and years?
Shen Nuo felt a headache.

He raised his head to look at Li Yan who was calmly reading some court documents at the desk. He head was held high majestically and with a great demeanour of an Emperor. And he was... extremely handsome... Minghe was also sitting by a desk in the corner of the Study, copying down scrolls quietly. He was calm and silent whenever he was with Li Yan.

It was this morning that Shen Nuo was ordered to accompany them in the Study. So Shen Nuo sat patiently by the side of the desk, reading a novel. But he was definitely not someone who could sit patiently for a long time with his mouth shut. It would start to itch. He pouted his mouth in dismay. "I want to go to the toilet!" He said in a pleading voice.