Chapter 45

Shen Nuo did not understand what was happening or who it was. His eyes widened in horror. But before he could think anything else his face met with an extremely handsome face that looked seventy percent familiar.

Their noses almost knocked against each other in the pressure.

"Shhhhhhhhhhh!" An extremely familiar voice whispered in his ear. "Don't move! It's me!"
_______________________________________________________________

Shen Nuo was flabbergasted. It was Zhanhua!!! He was attired in casual dresses, no difference from those normal dresses that farmers and similar people wore. But in that suit, he was... extremely handsome...

Blood rushed to Shen Nuo's face when he was tightly pressed onto the wall by that person. He tried to struggle out but Zhanhua restrained him hard. "I'm trying to help!" He whispered furiously, pressing Shen Nuo even hard onto the wall.

Shen Nuo's scalp went numb. The alluring fragrance of Camphor hit his nose. Zhanhua's palm was across his mouth and he couldn't even move his lips. He felt dizzy as half his breath was blocked.

Zhanhua's face was stiff and pale. His brows were creased. His ears perked up to the slightest sound that he could hear. The door was thrown open and a tall person entered inside. Shen Nuo was facing the curtain. The daylight stole through, making the red curtain somewhat translucent in his view, and he immediately knew it was -

Li Yan!

Shen Nuo's heart jumped into his mouth. His eyes widened in terror. He knew he had to keep calm now if he did not want to get caught. But a cold shudder ran down his back convulsively. He couldn't control the shock he felt at all.

Zhanhua felt it clearly. He carefully cupped Shen Nuo's face in his palms and locked his eyes with him, mouthing word by word, softly and without making a voice. "Don't. Look. Out. Look. At. Me."

Shen Nuo shuddered even madly when he felt how close Zhanhua's face was. His fingertips trembled. His face flushed red and his breath slowly became ragged. What was happening?

Li Yan looked around the room sharply with his hateful gaze and didn't seem to notice any abnormality. Then suddenly he saw a silvery blue tassel dropped by the window. He slowly came towards the tassel and picked it up.

His heart froze stunned in incredulous disbelief. He obviously knew to whom this belonged to... He had seen countless times that person wearing this by the side of his waist belt when he wasn't in his duty. But... Didn't he just see Shen Nuo inside this room when he was still down there in the roads? What was that person doing inside the room with Shen Nuo?

Since the day Li Yan temporarily lost his cultivation, his senses had been really bad. He couldn't sense danger anymore. He even didn't feel the taste of what he ate. And now his hearing and sensing ability was too low and weak. He knew the other party was obviously careful enough not to leave any clue about them.

Li Yan pursed his thin lips. His eyes suddenly had a touch of moist. Since he already knew what's going in here, what's the use of waiting here for further inquiry? It would only make him angry and mad. He may as well leave... His hand clenched onto the light blue jade tassel tightly. His eyes narrowed into slits and his teeth gritted tightly behind his pursed lips. But the wetness in his eyes had betrayed him as he lowered his head to look at the blue jade tassel...

And Shen Nuo who happened to see the close shadow bent down and pick up something probably he might have dropped, he felt thunderstruck. His eyes widened in terror. He looked at Zhanhua furiously and helplessly.

Li Yan was just standing on the other side of the curtain to the spot where they stood. Zhanhua's eyes widened too. He knew he had gone too far even to plead mercy from the Emperor if they are caught now.