Chapter 14

"So, Consort Shen, what did you want to tell me?" He asked smiling pleasantly.

Shen Nuo gasped in amazement. "How did you know I had been wanting to meet you?"

Zhanhua didn't say anything. He looked at his slender fingers that played with the tea cup gently. But his smile broadened.

They were at Huayue Restaurant at Lincheng. Their private room was situated in the uppermost fifth storey. They both sat for the morning meals forth a desk by the window.

Zhanhua placed away the tea cup and pulled out an old scroll that was not dusty anymore. He placed it upon the desk and pushed it toward Shen Nuo slowly. "This is what you couldn't end reading yesterday. This subject brought it for you."

Shen Nuo picked up the familiar scroll and finally had the time to identify that it was the particular scroll he was flipping through yesterday. Then his mouth felled open in disbelief.

"You -!"

Zhanhua blushed. "Sorry. I didn't mean to watch. I accidentally happened to see it."

Shen Nuo could imagine Zhanhua behind a rack, staring stunned over the romance drama by a black wood book shelf...

He shook his head disgustedly. "Forget it! Anyway, it wasn't intentional. So it's ok!"

Zhanhua nodded with an awkward smile. But his eyes subconsciously turned to look at Shen Nuo's left ear. That ear lobe was very pink and a bit swollen. But the most eye catching thing was there was a sharp and a deep teeth mark that had been slightly scabbed over.

Zhanhua pursed his lips. After a long while, he spoke in a low voice again. "You don't seem to like His Majesty very much."

Shen Nuo just stared at him.

Zhanhua was alarmed by that look. His eyes widened. He immediately lowered his head. "This subject was wrong! Please forgive him!"

Shen Nuo broke into a laugh. "How stupid! I was just going to agree and here you are already done with saying sorry."

Zhanhua: "..."

"And who cares about that bastard dog? Tell me, if a dog bite your leg, would you go and bite it's dog leg, no right?"

"!!!" Zhanhua was speechless.

Shen Nuo sighed. "Forget that too. What were you doing inside the library yesterday? It was past midnight. You -"

Zhanhua smiled softly. "Consort Shen, it's too silent and calm during the night hours. I also happened to come in search of this scroll and just happened to see you and, ahem, anyway, I'm done with this scroll. You can have it and return it back to the library once you're done."

Shen Nuo slipped the scroll into his sleeve pocket and took a dumpling to eat.

"Why suddenly interested in Wolf Head Organization?" Zhanhua asked furrowing his brows slightly. "If you're interested, perhaps this subject can give you few important facts that any of these scrolls would not have mentioned."

"Drop the courtesy when we are alone." Shen Nuo said sipping the tea. "I'm sick of being a consort. And please do tell me all that you know."

Zhanhua did not move his eyes from Shen Nuo for a moment, and those eyes were gentle but sharp. "This matters privacy. Once you get to know of these matters, you shouldn't play recklessly, agreed?"

Shen Nuo nodded casually. "Of course I know!" He poured himself tea.

"The leader of the Wolf Head Assassin Organization is actually a woman." Zhanhua said slowly. "But would you believe me if I say that person is Consort Lian?"