Chapter 81

HAVENS POV

"Do you want to talk?" Sammy asked.
"Yeah" I answered. I reached up and turned off the lamp. It started thundering, lightning, and raining.
"I don't like this weather" I said.
"It's okay, it'll pass soon" Sammy said.
"Thank you" I said.
"For what?" He asked.
"Caring" I said.
"It's part of my job, I love my job" he said.
"What is your job?" I asked.
"Boyfriend" he answered happily.
"I'm tired but I can't do it, I can't sleep, I know if I do I'll have another dream" I said.
"Babe, I'm right here" he said squeezing my hand slightly.
"you are safe, I won't let anyone scare you. As long as your with me you'll be safe. I promise to keep you safe" he added.
"How do you keep me safe?" I asked.
He took my hand and reached it up to his chest,
"Can you feel my heart?" He asked.
"Yeah" i answered.
"Can you feel my hand in yours" he asked.
"Yeah" i answered.
"Can you feel my arms wrapped around you holding you" he asked.
"Yeah" I answered.
"Well right now you are with me and I will keep you safe. Don't worry. You just need to know that I'm here and I'm protecting you. Your okay" he said.
"You promise we'll be okay?" I asked.
"Promise" he answered as he leaned forward and kissed me for a couple seconds.
"I love you" he said.
"I love you too" I said. And as I lay there snuggled into his arms and chest, holding his hands, I fell asleep. And had no dreams:) I woke up at 5 a.m and no one was up yet. Sammy was still asleep. He looked so peaceful, he still had his arms around me protectively. I kissed him to see if he'd wake up. He hadn't even opened his eyes but a smile was already stretching across his face.
"Good morning" he said happily.
"Good morning" I responded happily.
"What time is it?" He asked as he slowly sat up and yawned.
"5 a.m" I said quietly.
"Did you just wake up naturally at 5?" He asked.
"Yeah" I answered.
"Well, we should go somewhere, we can go to a park or something" Sammy said.
"Yeah" I said. I went to the bathroom to get dressed for the day. After I got out, Sammy went in the bathroom to change. I texted Jack where we were going so he wouldn't be freaked out when he woke up. I heard footsteps and looked up to see Ryann holding Mac.
"Haven" Ryann said tiredly.
"Yeah" I answered.
"I'm so tried Haven. She cried all night, you guys probably didn't hear it since you were down here but everyone up there did and they'll probably be sleeping all day since they didn't last night" she said.
"It's okay, uh Sammy and I are headed out to a park, we're just gonna walk around. If you want we could stroll her around there?" I said.
"Really?" She asked.
"Sure. We'll both have our phones on and we'll take great care of Mac" I said.
"Okay, but make sure you get her car seat and stroller from Nash's car first and take those. And be really careful" she said handing me her car keys.
"We will don't worry" I said.
"You can all sleep while we're gone" I said.
"Thank you so much" she said hugging me and handing me Mac.
"Okay I'll see you guys when you get back, buy baby" she said to Mac before returning upstairs.
Sammy came out of the bathroom in jeans and a tee shirt. He stopped and looked at me as I stood there holding Mac.
"We're talking her with us, apparently she cried last night and woke everyone up so there all trying to sleep right now" I said.
"Okay" he said excitedly. We walked out to Nash and Ryanns car and got her car seat, stroller, and bag. Sammy put the car seat in the car and I buckled her in. After she was secured, Sammy walked around to the drivers side and I got in the passenger side. I plugged in my phone and softly played music so Mac didn't get scare for anything. Sammy and I talked for a while. It was kind of cold today even though winter in California is mostly hot. Sammy and I both had on jackets and I had boots. Mac had on a cute little jacket and some baby uggs that Ryann had bought her. When we arrived at the park there were some morning joggers, mostly women (probably mom's) in there 30s. We got the stroller out of the back of the car and Sammy got her out of the car seat. She cried when we stopped the car but as soon as Sammy picked her up she stopped.
"Can we take the stroller with us but I carry her at first" Sammy asked as he played with her little hand.
"Yesssssss" I said dragging out the "S" because it was such a cute question. We walked down the path and passed several walkers and a few joggers. A women, probably 40 or 45 stopped us.
"Awwww your daughter is so cute how old is she?" She said happily to Sammy who looked shocked and surprised.
"Oh no she's not mine" he said.
"Oh is she yours?" The women asked me.
"No my best friends, we're just taking her out for the morning" I explained.
"Well she's adorable and you two are doing great" she said before walking off.
Sammy looked at me.
"Do I really look like a dad" he said.
"No, we just look like teen parents and your carrying her so it gives off that idea" I said.
"I feel bad, that was really awkward for her probably" he said.
"It was awkward for us too so we're even" I said jokingly.
We kept walking for a while and Sammy decided after about 15 minutes to put her in the stroller. When he put her down she started crying so he picked her back up again.
"Sammy?" I said.
"Yeah" he said looking up from Mac.
"This is actually the cutest thing I have ever seen" I said causing him to blush a little.
"Gilinsky is calling me, can you hold her?" He asked breaking the brief silence.
"Yeah" I said smirking at how he wanted to take the focus off of his blushing.
He set Mac down in my arms and to my surprise she didn't cry. I assumed she only liked Sammy but i was hardly surprised. He answered his phone.
"Hey" he said into the phone.
"Oh yeah" he said a couple seconds later.
"I didn't think of what we'd all do for Christmas" he said.
"Most of the guys will be with there families" he said.
"Yeah maybe we could all go to one house with Haven, Jack, Nate, and us. But I don't know because my family will want to see me but I can't see my sister" he said.
"I know but I can't, I don't want to see her" he argued.
"You saw her you were there, I'm not putting everyone through that again" he said.
"Yeah maybe if she's not there. I mean maybe she's not there. She's always up in my business though so I don't want her" he finished.
"Okay bye" he said before putting his phone back in his pocket.
"What was that?" I asked.
"Gilinsky is talking about Christmas, I said that the guys would be with there families and he wants to get his family, your family, my family, and Nates family together for Christmas in Omaha." He explained.
"Oh" I said looking away a little.
"I told him that, that would be fun to be with all of you but I don't want my sister there. Gilinsky is gonna talk with us and Jack later" he said.
"It's okay, I'm not worried about that yet. Right now you know your birthday is coming up extremely soon" I said.
"Sooner than I'd like. My birthdays are always awkward because no one knows what to say. There all like "hey your older" and it's uncomfortable" he said.
"The guys won't be like that. And you know I won't be like that" I said.
"Yeah this will be a good birthday hopefully" he said.
Mac fell asleep in my arms and I slowly set her down in the stroller.
"So what are we gonna do about Christmas" I asked quietly.
"I promise I'm going to take care of it, Haven. I just want us to have a happy fun Christmas" he said.
"I just don't want you to do anything you don't want to for me. She's your sister, if your there she probably wouldn't do anything. I can't get over it, it's fine" I said.
"I'm doing it for both of us, I don't want to be there with her, she hurt you and that's the same as hurting me" he said.
"Okay, I just don't want to take you away from your family" I said.
"Your not taking me away from my family. You are my family. She hurt you, you didn't hurt her" he said.
I felt awkward about how he referred to his sister hurting me, but I felt safe about how he referred to me as family, it made me forget for a second. Forget about his sister. Because for that second I was just happy.