Chapter 76

HAVENS POV
Luckily I did hold my breathe. When I came up Sammy was holding me at the waist, so I wouldn't drown. Matt yelled again except this time he was right in front of us.
"YES" He said happily.
"I'm sorry, I had to" Sammy said.
"It's okay, that was fun" I said laughing.
The lake wasn't that deep, everyone could stand in the lake except for in the middle where it was deeper. It probably wasn't very safe to jump in since you could sit the bottom but we all did it. I looked over to see that Anthony had gotten off the float and onto the floating dock. There wasn't anything on the floating dock except for a cooler that Anthony had brought.
"I'm gonna go see anthony" I said to Sammy before walking over to the deck where Anthony was untying the rope that held the floating dock to the real dock. I hopped out of the water and onto the dock.
"Ooh are you gonna get churnt with me out on the floating dock?" Anthony asked.
"Yeah but what's churnt?" I asked laughing.
"Chill yet turnt" he answered. I helped him untie the rope because he was seriously struggling. We both sat down in the middle of the dock.
"I brought snacks" he said pulling the cooler towards him. I laughed.
"What did you bring?" I asked.
"Some coke, sprite, juice, potato chips, and a whole lot more" he said pulling out 2 sprites and handing me one.
"So, catch me up on life" He said.
"Where did I leave off with you?" I asked.
"When yesterday you were fine...and today your acting a liiiiiiiiitle..sketchy, you know what I mean?" He said.
"Yeah, it's a long story" I said.
"Come on girl, I'm one of your best friends, you can tell me anything, I won't judge" he says.
"Okay" I said back.
I popped the top off of my sprite and took a sip before I began speaking,
"Yesterday, was my anniversary with Sammy. We had a show with my brother and Gilinsky. No one said anything about it to me, and I thought Sammy had forgotten because you know, I kind of have a track record of being the forgotten one. Well afterwards we dropped the Jacks off at the house and he told me he had a anniversary date planned out" I said.
"Ok good so far" Anthony says.
"Well we drove for like 2 hours before stopping at a ihop for dinner.....then seeing a movie" I said pausing.
"Did you guys actually watch the movie" he asked.
"There was some making out but that's not the point. There was a...car accident" I stopped. As soon as I said "car accident" Sprite flew out of Anthony's mouth.
"Oh my god! Oh okay..okay, uh keep going" he said.
"We were driving and it was late...probably around 10:30. Well we were on the highway, and the only other cars were way ahead of us. So he was driving and we were talking, when an animal ran in front of the car..and...and Sammy had to swerve the car" I said.
"Swerve the car?" Anthony repeated.
"Yeah, well the car spun out of control and Sammy through his arm in front of me to make sure I didn't hit the dashboard. But before he put out his arm, I had already hit the dashboard and came back." I explained.
"Oh my god" Anthony commented.
"As soon as the car came to a stop, Sammy looked at me worried. And I just burst into tears and a panic attack. I couldn't breathe. It just...it scared me so bad...I thought I was gonna die or he was gonna die and I would have to live without him...it..it's just...both options terrified me. And you have to realize that this all went down in like 20 seconds. Well I was crying and trying to talk and he told me everything would be okay and ...now that I say it out loud it sounds really cheesy" I said laughing a little.
"Tell me the rest" he said.
"Basically I couldn't breathe, he kissed me, I cried, he talked, we hugged, he talked more and he just made me feel.....better. He thought it was all his fault. I was left with this bruise" I said pointing to my side.
"and when we got to this place last night, he wrapped it in a bandage. Today Jack saw it and we told him and he said I should see a doctor just to be sure because it hurts more than it should and it's in the spot I broke ribs and had internal bleeding In. The doctor said I'm fine. And on our way out here I stopped Sammy and asked him why he's acting weird. Well it's because he thinks it's his fault, I told him it wasn't, I have a good pep talk and now we're here" I said.
"boo, you got a lot going on" he said.
"Tell me about it" I said as I put my sprite down.
"Your sure your okay though?" He asked.
"Yeah, the bruise will be fine, they did scans and x rays and stuff" I said.
"I don't mean your bruise, I mean you, are you gonna be okay?" He asked.
I sat back back so I was laying down.
"It's like, I'm happy. I've never felt like this so I don't know how to handle it. For years I've been sad but then meeting all of you and being with Sammy, it's just....I'm happy and...I love it. I love this feeling" I say.
"That's amazing" Anthony said.
"Yeah. And once were out here, how do we get back to the dock?" I asked.
"Shooooooooooot" he said.
"Well if we yell to the guys then they'll here us" I say.
"Okay, see then we'll be fine" Anthony says.
We sit in silence for a couple seconds before talking.
"We need to have these convos. more often" I said.
"Yeah, I like talking" Anthony replied.
Anthony opened up his phone and started playing music. We were getting really far away from the dock. I could barely see the guys or anyone anymore. I started panicking in my mind but didn't want to scare Anthony so I tried my best not to show it.
"Are you okay" Anthony asked.
"Uh...um...I....it's...it's okay....were...were just really f...far away and w..we don't have a paddle or any....anything" I said stuttering.
"It's okay, I'll call everyone who's here that I have in my contacts" he said. I watched as he dialed Rebecca, Jack, Jenn, and Andrew but no one was answering. After he had tried his group of friends, he explained that he didn't have everyone's phone number who was there, he just had his close friends.
"Can I call Sammy?" I asked.
He handed me the phone.
I dialed his number.
"You memorized your boyfriends number?" Anthony asked jokingly.
"After everything I've been through this past year, I get to memorize his number, if not for anyone, just for me, it makes me feel better"
"I understand" Anthony said.
Sammy answered and I explained where we were and how we couldn't get back. Anthony's phone was about to die. He said he was coming and he had an idea. He also said that everyone had gone in but he was taking a couple of the guys and coming out.