Chapter 63

HAVENS POV
As we drove home, there was an awkward silence in the car....because no one knew what to say. Sammy held my hand in the car, and I felt as if he would never let go. When we got back to the house, it was 11 o'clock. Everyone was still awake but extremely tired I told everyone to go to bed and that id tell them everything tomorrow. Everyone left except Jack and Sammy.
"Can I just talk to Sammy please? It'll be okay...we just need to talk about this on our own, face to face" I said to Jack. "Fine, I'm too tired to argue but go to bed straight after" he said.
"Okay" I replied as he walked up the stairs. Sammy was just looking at me. I ran and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me too and spoke,
"I'm sorry for what happened, but I don't love her. I love you."
"I love you too" I replied.
"I have an idea" Sammy said as he pulled me by the hand, out the backdoor and into the backyard. He took me over to the spot where we used to go for little dates and looking at the stars, and my birthday. He sat down on the ground and lay down. I did the same beside him. We looked at the stars as we spoke.
"Can I tell you the complete story, then you tell me your complete story so we both know what happened" Sammy asked.
"Yeah" I said, and he began.
"So you were there when she first came and kept trying to talk to me, flirt with me, and whatever. Well then you saw her pull me away. Well she took me over to meet her friends and would not let go of my hand. Her hand was nasty by the way. I couldn't get away. I finally got away after a long time and was looking for you, Jack, and Michael. Then all of the sudden she jumped on me and kissed me. I could tell it wasn't you right away and I pushed her off. So she fell to the ground and I saw Jack out of the corner of my eye, then I noticed you and Michael running and assumed you had all seen. But you and Michael had already left and hadn't seen me push her off. Well I saw the car speed away then Jack looked at me, and before I could say anything, he punched me. The weird thing was that I didn't care that I just got punched, I cared that I hadn't kissed back but you were crying and hurt. I never want to hurt you. I love you and I know your the one for me so when I think of losing you it's the worst thing that could happen to me. I just want you to forgive me so things can be like before, because I can't lose you" He finished.
"I forgive you Sammy. For me, I was pissed off that she had been flirting with you...and when she pulled you away I really tired to stay calm and all. Then I walked around with Michael and Jack. When I saw her run and jump on you kissing you, I immediately turned to run....but Jack didn't. Jack saw the whole thing while Michael and I only saw part of it. So I began crying and the last thing I saw before driving away was Jack punching you. So we drove here and ran inside, throwing my clothes in a bag. I just said "sammy kissed another girl" to them while. I was crying. Then we went to his house and he sat down with me and-" I paused.
"We didn't do anything wrong but I don't want you to be mad at me" I said.
"I won't" he said.
"Well when you texted me, I started getting the worst panic attack I've ever had, and you know the main way to stop a panic attack is to hold your breathe. Michael didn't know what else to do so he kissed me to make me stop breathing...and it worked. But I didn't cheat on you, I never would, I was hyperventilating and he had to" i explained.
"Haven, I'm not mad at either of you. You can't control a panic attack and he did what he had to do" Sammy replied. I smiled in relief.
"Haven?" He asked.
"Yeah" I answered.
"Where do you wanna live one day?" He asked.
"A big house with a basement, and a cool staircase, that's in the outskirts of a big city or in a small town" I said.
"I like that" he said happily.
"You know what I look at everyday when I wake up?" I said.
"What?" He asked.
I held up my hand and showed him the promise ring.
"This is how I know I can trust you and I know we'll be together, because when I look at this I know that you love me" I said.
"That's what I wanted it to be" he responded.
We both stood up and in the light of the moon and stars I could see his face.
"Sammy" I said looking at him.
He looked up just as I crashed into him, kissing him. He smiled. I spoke as I looked at his eye,
"I'm so sorry" I said sadly, hearing the heartbreak in my voice.
before he could speak I continued,
"I can't help but think how the same thing happened when Claire hit me in the eye. It just...why do good people get hurt. Jack was...just sad that I was crying and he...he hit you really hard and it's all my fault" I finished.
"Haven, it's not your fault or Jack's, he was trying to protect you. He just didn't understand. It's okay though. I'm fine now" he explained.
"I'm tired" I said as I yawned. We walked inside. We didn't want to go upstairs so I ended up falling asleep in Sammy's arms, on the couch. The last thing I heard him say before falling asleep was "I love you".