Chapter 2- The Day After*Edited

This chapter has been edited: 

Details added

Rewritten Paragraphs

Changed words and details

Thanks for reading :)

***************************************************************************************

Elena's POV

"Bye Bonnie!" I said. 

I hung up the phone and set it on my dresser. She flipped out when I told her that I had actually broken up with Matt, apparently she didn't think I would really do it. 

Shouldn't I be sad? No, not if you didn't want to be with him. Not if I was waiting for it to end. I was only upset with the fact that Matt was so upset. I wanted to be friends with him, but I knew he was dramatic and he did have anger issues. 

I shrugged it off and jumped in the shower. The warm water seemed to relieve the stress in my muscles and it felt so good. I stayed in longer than I should have, only getting out when the water started getting cold. Jeremy was probably going to get mad at me for taking all the hot water. After I was done and all ready for bed, I laid down on my bed. When I finally shut my brain off I feel asleep and didn't even dream.

Stefan's POV

"Yes, Zack, I am coming back. Thank you for giving me a room. Alright,  bye." I hung up the phone and sat on the edge of the bed. I was in an intimate bed and breakfast just outside of Albany, New York.

I was going home to Mystic Falls, I hadn't been back for a long time, and I needed to go. This was it. The last straw for me. If I couldn't be happy back here then I couldn't be happy anywhere. I laid down on the bed and sighed, please just give me something. Anything. 

Elena's POV

I awoke the next morning and got ready. I put my long dark brown hair into a ponytail, threw on a sheer blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a white tank top underneath and skinny jeans. I grabbed my bag and jogged downstairs. 

"Hey guys, I'm kind of late so...bye!" I said and I kissed her on the cheek, and then hugged my dad. Normally they were already gone by the time I left but they both went in late today. Dad's shift didn't start until 9 and my mom left an hour or so after him because she only worked in the afternoon today. 

"Who's driving you?" Dad asked, as I grabbed a piece of toast. 

"Bonnie." As soon as I finished, I heard a car horn. "Got to go!" I said, ran out the door and jumped into the car.

Bonnie had dark skin and brown hair that she always kept curled. I actually don't remember what she looks like with straight hair. "I am so glad you broke up with Matt! I'm so proud!" She laughed as she pulled out of my driveway. 

I shrugged and said, "I know! But he totally freaked out, and now I think he hates me, which is not what I wanted...at all!" 

She just chuckled and patted my arm."He will get over it, sweetie!"

 I nodded and she turned up her music while we drove. When we got to school, Bonnie and I walked over to our friend, Caroline. She had almost platnium blonde hair and blue eyes. She was the bratty head chearleader. Most people believed she was the stuck-up spoiled brat she acted like but Bonnie and I knew deep down Caroline was kind and loving.

"Hey Care! Guess who broke up with Matt last night?" Bonnie said as we approached her.

"Oh...wow Elena I'm suprised. Didn't think you had it in you. See you in class!" she said, walking off without even looking at us. 

Bonnie stuck her tongue out at her and we both walked away. As the bell rang, I walked into my first class, and I saw Matt sitting across the room from where he usually did. 

My stomach sank. I had hoped we could remain friends. I guess that wasn't going to happen. I sat down and a few minutes later Mr. Tanner stood up and started giving us a lecture about how sloppy our work was.

He told us all that we were morons, and blah blah blah. Honestly he was so irritating, I didn't even listen to him anymore. My mind started to drift about what I would eat when I got home, and what the party would be like tomorrow night. 

I had two classes with Matt after first hour. In third hour, I said hi to him and he totally ignored me. Then in seventh hour, I looked at him and smiled, he just stared back at me with hatred. I let out a deep breath and rolled my eyes. Whatever. 

Bonnie gave me a ride home, and when I got there, no one was home. Mom and Dad were at work, and who knows where and what Jeremy was off too. 

I walked up to my room, shutting the door as I entered it. I laid down on my bed, I think I'll take a nap. The next thing I knew, a vision flashed in my head. It was me on top of some guy. All I saw were his legs. We were making out and my hair covered his face. His arms looked so muscular. His hands were underneath my shirt, and I didn't seem to mind. 

"I love you, you know that, right?" he said. 

I giggled, "I love you, too." 

What the heck was this? I must really like this guy...I hope this isn't just a dream. I craved love like that. 

"Elena, are you home?" I heard my dad call from downstairs. I jerked up, my heart racing. I looked around the room trying to readjust my sense of reality. It must have been a dream. But it felt so real...

 I shook if off and walked down the stairs to my parents. The whole night, all I could do was think about what I had seen. As we finished watching a show I bit my lip, God I hope that comes true.