[CH7] CHAPTER 45

~Netherworld's Expanse~
Stationed across the Netherworld's territorial zones were its formidable forces. Their army boasted a staggering total of 4,400 soldiers, not counting the forces that served under their command.

Among them were 10 elite squads at the late stage of the saint realm's hierarchy, 50 official guards at the mid-stage of the saint realm, 340 guards at the early stage of the saint realm, and 4000 field armies at the foundation realm.

Excluding the field armies, who were primarily used as cannon fodder, the remaining troops were divided into distinct rank divisions. These included the Nether Guards, the Moon Shield, and the Moonwalker Squad, each with their unique core responsibilities.

The Nether Guards, also known as the Territory Guards, were responsible for defending the walls and territories of the Netherworld. They dominated the horde of field armies, and their duty was paramount in ensuring the safety of the Netherworld.

The Moon Shield guards were assigned to the inner sanctum of the Netherworld, where they safeguarded the golden throne. Their primary role involved protecting whoever inhabited the throne.

The Moonwalker Squad were an exclusive group of elites who were rarely seen. They answered only to the true ruler of the Netherworld, Dargsbon Moonwalker.

They were exceptionally skilled fire wielders of the saint realm's hierarchy, who wielded the azure beta flames. Wherever Dargsbon went, they always followed, and their loyalty to him was unwavering.

In addition to its formidable army, the Netherworld boasted a corps of 1000 domestic servants and 200 messengers, all of whom served their masters with utmost dedication.

The sheer size of their forces, combined with their fearsome reputation, kept rival factions at bay. Even the elemental tribes, as a collective, were wary of the Netherworld's colossal might, recognizing it as a force to be taken unlikely.

***

Deep within the expansive hall of the Netherworld, the regent rested on a Crescent-shaped throne made of pure gold. Four male servants scurried about, anticipating her every whim, as she reclined in comfort. The atmosphere was eerie and foreboding, a fitting reflection of the Netherworld's sinister nature.

Standing guard on either side of the hallway were the Moon Shield, their palms perpetually ablaze with cyan sky flames.

The flickering light cast macabre shadows across the massive expanse of the hall, adding to the ominous aura that permeated the air. The ignition of their flames was for two reasons: to provide illumination to the massive, dark hallway and secondly, to attain readiness in defending their ruler at a moment's notice.

As the regent rested upon the throne, the massive door of the hall suddenly slung open, following the entrance of a middle-aged man. The Moon Shield guards stared at the stoic-looking visitor with penetrated gazes, keenly following his movements as he ascended the hallway.

Upon seeing the visitor approach, the regent promptly assumed a proper seated position on her golden throne and dismissed the servants tending to her.

As the man came before her, he quickly knelt down and lowered his head in a show of respect.

???: "Long lives the Netherworld!" the man expressed his reverence.

REGENT: "Mmm. Grail Savage - Enforcer of the Savage Wind, is it?" questioned the regent with a look of intrigue.

GRAIL: "You honor me, my liege! However, I am nothing but a mere breeze before your might."

REGENT: "Hah! Your moniker is no secret to the Outlands - your fame spreads ear to ear. But on whose behest do I owe this pleasure?"

GRAIL: "The Rebel Tyrants extend its greetings! I am here on my master behest to partake in the glorious quest of Netherworld." Grail explained with a mischievous smirk.

<<Grail Savage, better identified as 'Grail of the Savage Wind,' was a prodigious talent of the wind element.
He was previously a Galocian, born and brought up in the Symphony of Dawn - the tribe of wind. However, due to the multiple assassinations that he committed against innocent victims in Galehold City, the Galocians had no choice but to banish him into the Outlands.
Despite his banishment, Grail did not acknowledge his wrongdoings nor seek redemption. Instead, he began to seek greater power for his retribution against the Symphony of Dawn.
He relied on twisted and corrupt methods to grow stronger while seeking refuge within the Rebel Tyrants organization.
In a few years' time, under the guidance and resources of the Rebel Tyrants, Grail mysteriously transcended the ranks of the saint realm as a windcaller and advanced into the Pillar realm. He became a master of wind and adopted the legendary 'Wheel of the Wind' techniques, granting him the moniker of 'The Savage Wind.'
His rank at the Pillar realm violated the established hierarchy and order of the Symphony of Dawn. According to the rules, only one Galocian could attain the stage of Windmaster within the Pillar realm's hierarchy, but Grail's exceptional talents had caused a deviation from the norms of the Origin of Power.>>

The regent seductively crossed her legs, revealing a malicious smile.

REGENT: "Be it the case, then I shall entrust you to the course of our goal, given your remarkable capabilities,"

On the regent's signal, a box was brought before Grail.

REGENT: "Inside this box contains a dedicated ring that will enable you to transverse into the gateway that leads to the Symphony of Dawn. It also contains the trapped Divine Spark of a dead Galocian at the late stage of the saint realm. I have managed to imprison that spark to prevent it from uniting with the Origin of Power. Use it to fuel your wind powers to a greater height.
"Besides, If you succeed in the task that will be assigned to you, then you will be granted the spark of a Pillar realm's earth-wielder. With it, you will be able to transcend even your current limits,"

<<Superhumans who went as far as perverting the nature of their powers to forcefully transcend their limits were able to achieve this feat by either involving themselves with sorcery or absorbing the divine sparks of other superhumans. Those who engaged in these twisted acts were regarded as 'Renegades' and attained hierarchies that differed from the other superhumans. They all had a unique hierarchy known as the 'Tainted Realm.'>>

Grail happily grabbed the box, observing it with lust in his eyes. He had dreamed of a day when he would attain this kind of precious gift.

GRAIL: "Rest assured, my liege! The mission will be accomplished," he eagerly gave his response to the regent, his expression etched with satisfaction.

REGENT: "[Smirks mischievously.] Then I shall proceed to tell you the details of your mission.
"Our quest entails the retrieval of the Origin of Power from the TRIBE's hold. However, simply retrieving it would be impossible considering the potency of the elemental tribes in their combined strength. And for this reason, we intend to retrieve the Origin of Power at a strategized pace.
"To achieve our goal, we must start with the smallest of the tribes which is the Symphony of Dawn, your homeland. They protect a fragment of the Origin of Power called the sacred wind stone within the walls of Galehold.
"Grail Savage! You are best suited for this mission since you grew up there. However, the timing to strike is also a necessity. A meeting conference will soon be held for all tribes at the Universal Truce Of Unity and that will be your chance to retrieve the relic.
"Also, I will command a horde of a thousand disguised field army of the Netherworld to accompany you in your quest as well as forty Nether Guards to protect you. They shall abide under your command during the course of the mission!"

As the regent explained the goals of the Netherworld to Grail, urging him to brace himself for the appointed time, the Savage Wind bowed his head with a reassuring smile, preparing to give his final retort.

GRAIL: "In that case, my liege, I shall take my leave to prepare for the decisive quest. In the name of the Netherworld, and for the sake of the Outlands, I will not let you down," he replied with a sinister grin on his face, vibing his ominous aura that indicated his prestige as a Windmaster.

******