[CH1] CHAPTER 24

TRIGGER BURSTS

~A brief prologue: Aurora's speech~
The efficiency of leveling up in powers and hierarchies among the superhumans depended greatly on the improved mastery of their abilities.

Superhumans within the foundation realm's hierarchy were considered the lowest amongst us.

Their potential to surpass their limits hinged on their inherent talent and a resolute commitment to breaking through their bottlenecks. Access to essential training and resources played a crucial role in this process. Without such breakthroughs, they would remain confined to lower echelons, obligated to serve higher entities for protection or endure a life as ordinary denizens within the TRIBE.

Yet, among superhumans below the Pillar realm, my cousin, Fiona Deity, exemplified a different approach. Instead of seeking continuous growth and improvement, she embraced the innate nature of her powers, focusing on enhancing the energy spark within. This personalized choice distinguished her from others who opted to upgrade the fundamental nature of their abilities.

But on the darker side, certain malevolent individuals, both known and unknown, resorted to perverse methods to enhance their strength.

Additionally, there existed adaptive geniuses who effortlessly ascended through hierarchical stages and levels, surpassing their peers with minimal effort and resources. Among them were notable figures like Shadow Bane and, of course..... Myself!

There were the born prodigies, the fortunate few born within the saint realm's hierarchy and above, with the inherent potential to surpass even the Pillar realm's hierarchy. Among these individuals was my brother, Bernard Deity, born as an extreme of the saint realm.

As for David Blaze, his true potential remains a mystery till this day.... A mystery I hope to uncover one day.

******

~Main Story: Three days ago~
Shadow led the captured superhuman indigenes of Crestivenia out of the Kalari desert of Africa, toward the nearest seaport.

The location of a gateway that would lead them to the TRIBE rested somewhere across the sea.

These Crestivenians were viewed as harmless amateurs, lacking the basic combat skills and experience in commanding their flames. But due to their connection to the Land of Flames, Crestivenia couldn't abandon them.

Under Shadow's leadership, they boarded a sizable boat at the seaport, with a total of sixty-five of them on the journey back to their homeland.

However, an event unexpectedly unfold.

The large boat, on its way approaching the gateway, faced an attack from the Scale Shield armies. Three Scale Shield choppers swooped in, blocking the boat's path and thwarting the Crestivenians' progress. This unforeseen encounter with the Scale Shield caught Shadow off guard, leaving him with a startled expression.

(Impossible! Did I miss something? How were they able to track us down?) He wondered in confusion. He hadn't anticipated running into them on this journey.

The abrupt appearance of the Scale Shield armies startled not only him but also instilled panic among the Crestivenians aboard the boat.

Desperate and without time to ponder, Shadow activated his sky flame, swirling it around his palms in a futile attempt to intimidate the Scale Shield armies. However, the enemy remained unfazed and responded by deploying sleeping drug bullets, causing chaos among the Crestivenians aboard.