[CH10] CHAPTER 22 - Resolution

The once serene woods lay in ruins, bearing the scars of the intense battle, with many of the Scale Shield elites already incapacitated.

Rim, in charge of the army troops, issued commands for the surviving adversaries to be taken in as prisoners. Their destination was the Barracks, where they would face interrogation within the confines of the ominous torture room.

As the army troops detained the enemy, Fiona emerged from behind them and walked toward David and Aurora.

Her unexpected appearance left Aurora excitedly surprised, leaving both of them to settle for a warm hug.

AURORA: "Oh Cousin! Never thought you'd help. I was wrong to doubt you." Aurora said with a grateful smile.

FIONA: "[Smiles subtly.] Urgh! You make it sound like I'm a monster. But I'm glad you're safe. Anyways, these individuals would be taken into custody. The military will handle things from here."

DAVID: "Hmm. You said the military was prohibited from interfering with the Scale Shield's matters. What changed?" David questioned Fiona.

FIONA: "Nothing changed. But I had to make my choices. No matter the odds, these people messed with my family and that, I could not ignore," she answered.

DAVID: "I see. So you're a good cunt afterall?"

FIONA: "[Sighs.] I'll simply ignore the polite insult this once, David Blaze. Anyways, I never got the chance to thank you before for looking after...."

DAVID: ".... Oh no, don't mention. I'm glad I crossed paths with Aurora." David abruptly replied to Fiona, sensing where the conversation was headed.

FIONA: "[Nods her head slightly.] Hmm. So... what's with this view? Are you guys a couple now?"

With folded arms, Fiona raised an eyebrow as she quizzically observed the unspoken dynamics between David and Aurora.

The close proximity of Aurora earnestly clinging to David's arms, became the subject of her suspicion and their perceived intimacy led her to subtly inquire about their level of closeness.

In a synchronized response, David and Aurora exchanged embarrassed glances, caught off guard by the unspoken question. Awkwardly clearing their throats, they stumbled over words,

"Huh... hmm!" they both stuttered while blushing.

FIONA: "[Rolls her eyes.] There's no point in being embarrassed, you two.

[Turns toward David and leans close to him.] I understand that my cousin is very beautiful so it's normal that you'd fall deeply for her. But I must warn you, if she ever gets hurt, you'd answer to me." Fiona cautioned David in an almost whispering tone.

DAVID: "[Smiles slightly and shrugs his shoulder.] Hey! Stop being too serious, will ya? Anyway, I think we've still got one more thing to do concerning Aurora."

FIONA/ AURORA: "Hmm?"

DAVID: "[Faces Aurora.] Heh. Didn't realize it huh? Aurora, the Scale Shield has always known where to locate you even after you arrived at Beverly Hills. Do you think it's a coincidence?"

AURORA: "[Gasps in surprise.] Are you insinuating that I may have been tracked this whole time?"

DAVID: "Exactly my point! I suspected this to be the case when we got traced to the woods. You definitely have some sort of tracking bug on you, and we need to get that figured out as early as possible." David suggested.

Recognizing the possible solution from David's perspective, Fiona swiftly approached the new troop leader, Rim, seeking assistance in locating the tracking device within Aurora's body.