[CH5] CHAPTER 28

Offering its final parting retort, the ominous seal's incarnate abruptly severed its connection with David, vanishing from his sight in a swirl of malevolent energy.

As if triggered by the absence of their master, the wraiths began to emerge once more from the depths of the darkness, their ghostly forms materializing one after another. With haunting howls and eerie screams, they descended upon David with frenzied fervor, their spectral onslaught jolting him awake from the depths of his long nightmare.

David was drenched in sweat and panic from the nightmare's encounter but thankfully, he had Aurora by his aid. She quickly reached out to him with a worried expression on her face.

AURORA: "[Hugs David, offering comfort.] It's okay, it's totally okay. It was just a dream," she assured him.

DAVID: "[Breathes heavily.] No, something is coming.... It wasn't just a dream." David voiced, his fear and concern palpable in his tone.

AURORA: "[Gently touches David's chin.] Hey, I'm here for you, alright? I won't let anyone or anything harm you, or any of us. Would it help if stay with you for a while until you feel better?" she offered, her voice filled with whispery reassurance and empathy.

DAVID: "Yeah, I'd appreciate that.... Thank you, Aurora!" David responded, his expression filled with gratitude.

Locked in a momentary gaze, he and Aurora felt an electric current of longing course between them, igniting a fiery passion that burned with undeniable intensity. With a slow, deliberate movement, they both leaned in toward each other, their lips meeting in a seamless fusion of desire. Their tongues intertwined in a dance of ecstasy, giving in to the intoxicating rush of sensation, their eyes closing in blissful surrender.

In that passionate embrace, David shed his lingering anxieties, allowing himself to be consumed by the torrent of emotions that surged between them. With each tender caress of their lips, he was reminded of the profound connection they shared, a bond destined to withstand the trials of time.

In Aurora, he discovered his truest ally and his deepest desire, her beauty transcending words. He knew without a doubt that she was his destiny, the one who held the key to illuminating the darkness that had clouded his soul.

***

As the first light of dawn filtered through the curtains, David stirred from his slumber with a smile gracing his lips. For as long as he could remember, his nights had been plagued by the haunting specters of his past, tormented by recurring nightmares of his parents' tragic demise.

But as he opened his eyes to this new day, a sense of peace and contentment washed over him, banishing the shadows that had always haunted his dreams. The memory of Aurora's presence by his side, her warmth and light permeating the darkness of his subconscious, had cast a spell of serenity over his troubled mind.

Following his nightmare encounter with the ominous seal's incarnate, Aurora had tenderly comforted him with a soothing embrace, her presence serving as a balm to his troubled soul. She had summoned her legion of fireflies, their ethereal glow enveloping them in a protective cocoon as they drifted off to sleep for the rest of the night.

<<The attributes of Aurora's fireflies technique weren't just limited to mere illumination and defense in battle. They also had other capabilities such as warding off the lingering shadows of negatively and banishing the specters of fear that threatened to invade one's subconscious.>>

David scanned the space where Aurora had slept, but found it empty. Seeing this, a pang of longing stirred within him at her absence. Curiosity tugged at his thoughts as he wondered what she might be doing at that moment, her presence leaving a lingering imprint on his heart.

Despite the emptiness of his bed, he still felt energetic from the peaceful slumber he had yesterday. He basked in the warmth of the morning light and soon, memories of their passionate kiss danced through his mind, igniting a smile that spread across his face.

However, Aurora shortly arrived into the hotel room with a tray of sumptuous dishes in her hands. She was dressed in a short-sleeved shirt and form-fitting jeans that accentuated her curves and straight legs, leaving David drawn to her with a mixture of surprise and admiration.

With a playful glint in her eyes, she returned his card to him, a mischievous smile playing on her lips as she set the lavish dishes before them. The sight of the extravagant spread left David speechless, his astonishment mingling with a hint of amusement at Aurora's boldness.

AURORA: "Hey, Dave! You're finally awake. That's a good thing anyway! Breakfast is set."

DAVID: "[Smiles sheepishly.] Hmm! You called me Dave. That sounds nice! Anyways, that's quite some beautiful appetite you have there," David teased.

Aurora giggled shyly, unable to contain the memory of her impulsive decision to use David's debit card for their extravagant breakfast. However, she offered her own teasing response.

AURORA: "[Munches into her meal.]... And that's some hungry lips you've got. Well I pretty offered my first kiss to you sooo... Your card paid the price. We're even now."

DAVID: "Yeah, um.... Makes sense. Anyways, thank you for yesterday."

AURORA: "[Smiles warmly at David.] Hah, I was glad to be of help."

DAVID: "Yeah, em... talking of kisses, I um... liked our encounter yesternight."

AURORA: "Me too. But I have to focus on my brother now, Dave. We've still got the Scale Shield's problem to sort out. My cousin, Fiona, should be reaching out anytime soon."

DAVID: "Yeah! sure! But... Um, do you think we could start out when all this is over? Like... me and you, settling for a proper date?"

AURORA: "[Winks seductively at David.] I'd like that." Aurora answered calmly with a whisper.

Her eyes and David's met in fleeting glances, each exchange filled with unspoken longing and desire that lingered in the air.

As the moments passed, the tension between them grew palpable, the magnetic pull of attraction drawing them irresistibly closer. With bated breath and hearts pounding in unison, they found themselves inching closer with each passing second, unable to resist the pull of their mutual longing.

However, as they leaned in for what promised to be a blissful moment of connection, their anticipation was abruptly shattered by the jarring ring of the telephone.

A frustrated sigh escaped David's lips as he cast a fleeting glance at the offending device, while Aurora's cheeks flushed with a hint of awkwardness at the untimely interruption.

Quickly rising from the bed, Aurora hastened to answer the insistent ringing, her hand reaching out to grasp the receiver with anticipation. With a sense of resignation, she brought the phone to her ear, her voice softening as she greeted the caller on the other end.

---

A/N: Hello dear readers, your feedback matters. Please star 🌟 or share your thoughts on the comment box 🗃 if you found this chapter intriguing. Thank you.