[CH3] CHAPTER 41

Fiona led Sarah to the family's training ground, with John escorting them. When they arrived, they found several sparring individuals from the Deity family already stationed there, each of them at the foundation realm's hierarchy.

Their training outfits bore the Deity family's winged crest, indicating their membership.

<<Superhumans at the foundation realm's hierarchy were the most populous within the TRIBE. The higher a superhuman climbed the hierarchy, the more valuable they became to others. As for those who struggled to progress beyond the foundation realm, they had to seek protection from the stronger ones and help increase their family's numbers while serving them.

Families with high-ranked members held privilege to having numerous low-level superhumans, who sought protection and servitude. Additionally, high-level superhumans had no qualms about having an affair with low-level ones. It was known that their combination could potentially birth another powerhouse within the families' ranks.

However, to gain recognition, one had to at least attain the rank of saint realm.>>

With a subtle gesture, Fiona signaled five training individuals to emerge from their designated positions and spar with Sarah. They positioned themselves in a semicircle around Sarah, awaiting Fiona's command to begin the sparr with their opponent.

FIONA: "Today, you'll face these five in a test of combat. I want to see how your fire-based attacks and hand-to-hand skills have improved. Take note, Sarah, while they may be novices in flames, they're proficient in physical combat. Don't underestimate them," Fiona cautioned, her tone serious and focused.

After giving the instructions, Fiona waved at the five sparring units to begin the attack all at once. Before Sarah could muster a response, they descended upon her from all sides, forcing her on the defensive.

She narrowly evaded a punch from her right angle. However, a flying kick to the side sent her sprawling to the ground, the impact jolting through her frame as she struggled to regain her footing.

Without any means for recovery, she got hit again by a swift side kick from another opponent, causing her to crash to the ground with a resounding thud, and finalizing the sparring session.

Seeing this, Fiona promptly intervened, signaling the end of sparring session between Sarah and the spar unit. With a tinge of disappointment in her expression, she approached Sarah and began to address her in a stern and assertive tone.

FIONA: "You've attained the 'extreme' stage of power within the saint realm, yet you struggle against mere individuals at the foundation realm's hierarchy, offering minimal resistance. I'm frankly not impressed, Sarah Deity,"

SARAH: "Bullshit! That's pretty easy for you to say. I had five sparring individuals confront me simultaneously - Five! What the fuck were you supposed to have me do, huh?" Sarah replied angrily.

FIONA: "You squirm like a nagging loser! It's been three months now since you've been with us - Three months since you started training and this is all the best you could do? How discouraging!"

Fiona's disdainful words cut through like a dagger, piercing Sarah's fragile resolve and igniting a strong emotional response from within her soul. With a choked sob, Sarah's composure crumbled, tears streaming down her cheeks as she turned and fled from the training grounds.

However, in the midst of her distress, Sarah unknowingly executed a remarkable ability that left both Fiona and John awestruck.

A brilliant cyan flame erupted from her hair and her eyes shimmered with a piercing sky-blue hue, casting an ethereal glow upon her trembling form. In a mere fraction of a second, her body became enveloped by an intense burst of heat, her form blurring with the speed of her sudden movement. She darted past Fiona and John in a blur of motion, vanishing from the scene into the unknown.