CHAPTER 10 - David's Haunted Past 2

Zakael's eyes ignited with a fiery intensity as his entire being became engulfed in a magnificent burst of azure flames. With a firm stomp on the ground, a spectacular display ensued. Countless beams of scorching azure fire erupted from the depths of the earth, indiscriminately obliterating both nearby sorcerers and Nether Guards.

But much to his astonishment, the erupting fiery beams gradually succumbed to the insidious pull of Mako's formidable 'Flame Absorption' technique, effectively getting absorbed by him. This unexpected turn of events left Zakael taken aback, his confidence momentarily shaken.

ZAKAEL: "The nature of your flame... Your fire techniques... What have you done to yourself?"

MAKO: "I have become better, brother. Made myself worthy of the family's honor. You can consider this a gift from the Netherworld. You no longer stand a chance against me!"

Mako smirked sinisterly, flaunting green-hued flames around his fingers—the 'Empirical Flame.' In a brief span, he had ascended from being a mere Extreme in the Saint realm's hierarchy to a forbidden fire master in the ominous Tainted Realm's hierarchy.

ZAKAEL: "Sacrilege! You have perverted your own flame, corrupted your true nature, and tainted your pride as a member of the Blaze family. Henceforth, even though we do share blood, I atsake you as my brother!"

MAKO: "[Sneers at Zakael.] Humph. Sayings glory is to the man left standing in battle!"

Zakael gave his response with a fierce roar, summoning a massive ball of fiery energy from his palms, shaping it into a blazing beam that surged toward Mako. However, his treacherous brother was swift in retaliation, countering with an equally colossal beam of his own. The two opposing fiery beams collided, sending shockwaves through the environment that caused a massive vortex of whirling flames and explosive energy.

The ensuing display was a dazzling array of blazing streaks and scorching flashes.

But despite his valiant efforts, Zakael's beam proved no match for Mako's dominating fire beam, placing him at a lethal disadvantage. The overpowering fiery onslaught pierced through Zakael's unleashed fiery beam, blasting his vulnerable body, and engulfing him in scorching green flames.

He was helplessly propelled through the air by Mako's brutal onslaught like a cannonball.

For Mako, the long-standing rivalry with his brother had finally reached its conclusion. However, he had one last threat to eradicate—his nephew, David.

Meanwhile, Zakael, teetering on the brink of death, casted a pained and weary glance at his startled son, David, urging the latter to run away before taking his final breath. This tragic occurrence struck David and his captured mother to their very core. With an anguished scream, Ciarah wailed her husband's name through torrents of tears.

Left dazed by the shattering turn of events, David got consumed by a seething rage coursing through his veins. Drawing on the power of the Imperial red flame, he ignited the scattered flames around him, manipulating them with his remarkable mastery over fire. With a mighty burst of fury, he incinerated a group of nearby Netherworld's minions and sorcerers in an instant, leaving nothing but charred remains in his wake. His fury was palpable, making it clear that he was not to be underestimated.

But while David focused on fending off his relentless adversaries, he became oblivious to Modred's sneaky attempt to attack him. However, Mako promptly interrupted the sorcerer leader's advances. He expressed a deep scowl and warned Modred not to interfere in his business, asserting that his nephew, David, was his to deal with alone.

Redirecting his attention to David, Mako extended a hand toward the location where his nephew confronted both his and Modred's men, targeting a fire beam at him. Engrossed in the battle against his opponents, David failed to notice the encroaching beam in time. However, his mother, Ciarah, desperately shrugged off the grasp of the men holding her down and rushed to shield her son from the impending fiery beam.

TRIBE Chronicles: The Complete Sagaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें