"You're always with him. Besides, the whole rumor '(M/N) never speaks to the same person twice' has to be a lie if you're constantly talking to Sugawara."

(M/N) was quiet for a bit. He looked lost in thought for awhile. He then looked back at Daichi and shrugged.

"We never really talked more than just friends. Never really thought about it, not a bad idea." He said truthfully, "Well I hope he gets here soon, it's been a bit." He smiled softly.

"He might. Well, I'll see you around. I have to go, I'm going to lunch with someone." Daichi and (M/N) shook hands before the volleyball captain walked off.

(M/N) shrugged, looking around for Sugawara. After a bit, Sugawara finally walked around the corner, the taller male perked up at the volleyball player. (M/N) softly smiled at him.

"Hey, Suga. You're late." He teased.

"Got held up, but I'm here now." Suga smiled at (M/N) a light flush to his cheeks.

"Too held up to exchange notes with Daichi?" (M/N) wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh, he was here?" He lied a bit.

"Yeah," (M/N) turned, pointing to where Daichi walked off at. "you can catch him if you leave now."

Sugawara frowned a bit, this was not how he planned it. It's like (M/N) doesn't even want to do anything with Sugawara. Sugawara smiled when (M/N) looked back at him, confused on his silence.

"No, it's okay. I'll just get it after practice. I need it for tonight's assignment, it'll be fine." Sugawara said. "What else did you guys talk about?" He hoped to coax something out of him.

(M/N) blinked, "Nothing much, mainly you." He said honestly.

"Me?" Sugawara felt his heart flutter, he was getting somewhere. "What was said?" He continued.

"There's not much to say. It was just you, always you." (M/N) said, like it was so normal for (M/N) to talk about Sugawara. "Hey, want to go on a date?" He casually asked.

Sugawara perked up, his heart pounding in his heart. His cheeks flushing pink as he cleared his throat and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess. There's no harm in it." Hiding his excitement very well.

"Great," (M/N) bought a bag of chips from the vending machine. "I'll pick you up tomorrow around 7:00pm, since it won't interfere with your practice."

"Great, can't wait." Sugawara smiled, the taller male smiled back.

~~time skip to date night~~

(M/N) picked Sugawara up. Taking him to Sugawara's favorite restaurant, he of course paid after they ate and laughed. (M/N) had an arm slung over Sugawara's shoulders, Sugawara had his hand up and intertwined with (M/N)'s.

This felt like a genuine date and not the rumored one. Usually (M/N) just takes them to a fast food place, then they go straight to (M/N)'s house. They walked the city, (M/N) buying Sugawara dessert and did whatever Sugawara wanted.

Sugawara was thankful it was the weekend, it was getting late. Right now they were laying on a hill and looking up at the stars, Sugawara curled into his side. His arms around (M/N)'s waist as the taller male played with his ash blond hair.

(M/N) nudged Sugawara's cheek with his shoulder. "Come on, it's getting late, Suga. Let's get you home."

Sugawara furrowed his eyebrows, tightening his hold a bit. He really didn't want this date to end, he knew once it did, he'll never get this again. (M/N) helped Sugawara up, holding his hand. He walked Sugawara home.