2

☆ 2. Chapter 002: Drowsy

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 002:

Although the sleepy village is called Taolin Village, there are not many peach trees. There is only one peach orchard, on the west side of the village, 30 acres of sloping land, which was contracted by a villager seven or eight years ago. They are planting large peaches that are relatively rare here. Su Ruoyan specifically asked about them. They are called large honeydews. They are currently in their peak fruiting period.

The peach trees were well planted at the beginning. There is a spring in the peach orchard and there is sufficient water source all year round. Moreover, the west mountain has sufficient sunshine, low wind and suitable temperature, which is very suitable for the growth of peach trees. But the good times did not last long. Just when it was about to bear fruit after three years of cultivation, the spring that had been flowing for as long as the village had dried up. Without a fixed and convenient water source, I could have gritted my teeth and survived. However, the weather in the old city was changeable that year. The late spring cold suddenly froze the flowers to death and the trees were frostbitten. Continued maintenance would cost a lot of money and time.

The former owner of Taoyuan was also stubborn and gritted his teeth to get through it. Unexpectedly, on the way down the mountain to borrow money, his car overturned and rolled down the cliff, killing him completely.

The man was the only son in the family. Suddenly he heard the bad news. His mother fainted and never woke up. He left behind an old father who also passed away two years ago. The Taoyuan was once again owned by the village, but there was no one to take over the Taoyuan. , they all say that there is evil and harm to people there.

Third Master Lin had already told Su Ruoyan about these things, but Su Ruoyan just accepted his fate. He wanted that orchard and thought about it deeply, and he couldn't forget it no matter what. Maybe it's because he likes to eat peaches, or maybe it's because of the beauty he saw there when he first came there three years ago, which made him extremely attached to Taoyuan, so he came here with money.

He knew that Third Master Lin meant well when he advised him, but Su Ruoyan didn't say much. He smiled and said: "Taoyuan is very nice, and it suits my taste. Third Grandpa, when I settle down, I will ask you to help me raise peaches." I don't have much experience, so I still need to learn a lot from you."

"You kid seems to be really determined. Okay, let me show you. When I was young, I learned a lot by wandering around outside. I didn't expect that I would still be able to do it when I am older. If you can use it, okay, okay."

"I'll pay you a salary then."

"Okay, okay." Mr. Lin held the cigarette rod with his hands behind his back, smiling so much that the folds on his face stretched out, and he had prosopagnosia. Su Ruoyan just looked at these pleats and felt that this feature was really easy to remember. When he saw the pleats, he knew it was the third grandfather.

The village chief's family lived at the first corner of the "W" shaped path. The courtyard door was wide open. The village chief, who was the same generation as Mr. Lin, was waiting for Su Ruoyan's arrival with his son and another capable person in the village.

The village chief was fat and dark-faced, while his son was thin and dark-faced. The father and son formed a sharp contrast. Su Ruoyan recognized the person based on his body shape. He had never seen the other one before and didn't know who it was.

Seeing Su Ruoyan and Mr. Lin arriving, the village chief welcomed him out happily, "Here they come, come in quickly. We'll have lunch at my house. Everything is ready and waiting for you." "No,