82

☆ 82. Chapter 82: Sweet as a cake

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 82: A sweet treat.

A few days have passed since the last incident in Baoyue Town. Today is already the twenty-seventh day of the lunar calendar, and in two days it will be the 30th day of the Lunar New Year.

Qin Boyu left shortly after coming back and took his old parents back with him. It would be difficult to resolve the many entanglements between father, son, and mother until they didn't reveal their feelings to each other.

Their departure did not alarm anyone. Qin Chengyu was going to visit his parents. Only then did he learn from the hotel manager that the old couple living in the top-floor view room had left. The hotel employees did not know that the old couple were the boss's parents.

Hearing them leaving, Qin Chengyu felt sad for a moment. He called his parents and remained silent after saying a few words. The age difference was too big. His parents were old enough to be his grandparents. The generation gap was probably about the same as the Mariana Trench. He grew up in a strict environment. Thinking about it now, the few moments of family warmth came from his eldest brother. His parents never bought him toys. He received a military-style education at an early age, and his behavior was All must meet the requirements. Only when you meet your eldest brother during the Chinese New Year can you get a few books and a few exquisite and rare toys. Those are the only toys you had when you were growing up.

After silence, Qin Chengyu frankly told him that he would not go home during the New Year.

After hearing this, there was silence on the other end for a long time, and then I heard Father Qin say that it's okay not to come back for the New Year, but he must be home for the Lantern Festival. After saying that, he hung up the phone and stopped abruptly with a faint sigh, as if it was Qin Chengyu's illusion.

After taking care of their parents, Qin Chengyu and Su Ruoyan began to prepare for the New Year, buying things needed for the New Year and making food needed for the New Year. After Hengyuan's annual meeting was over, Qin Chengyu gave himself a holiday in advance, which was shorter than the statutory holidays. Just four days ahead of schedule.

"Twenty-three, sticky melons; twenty-four, cleaning day; twenty-five, making tofu; twenty-six, stewed white meat; twenty-seven, butchering the rooster; twenty-eight, making dough; twenty-nine , steaming steamed buns; thirty-year-olds staying up all night; going to pay New Year greetings on the first day of the Lunar New Year." According to the old saying, before the New Year, it was a one-day affair. Now there is no such thing as so much emphasis, and living conditions are affluent, killing chickens and sheep , making dough and making steamed buns, etc., you can do it at any time as long as you want.

Qin Chengyu got up at around four o'clock. It was still dark outside, and Su Ruoyan beside him was still dreaming. He woke up for a while when he moved, and asked him sleepily what he was doing. He coaxed him twice and fell asleep again.

After getting dressed, he went to the bathroom, took a toothbrush and a cup and went downstairs. The movement downstairs disturbed Naopai who was curled up on the sofa on the first floor. "Meow?"

Qin Chengyu raised his finger, "Shh."

Naopai narrowed his eyes. Chu, no longer yelling, watched Qin Chengyu go downstairs, softly opened the door and carefully closed it. Looking at the closed door, Naopao yawned and stretched his body like a cat. Keep sleeping.

When Qin Chengyu left the bedroom, he turned on the wall lamp and floor heating in the living room. The floor heating in the living room was turned off at night, and it was freezing after going out. Wrapping up his clothes tightly, Qin Chengyu quickly walked a few steps and opened the door. It was dark outside, except for the street light a few steps away from the old house. This light was not in line with other lights on the road, but came directly from it. A line was pulled out from the old house to connect it, and it took a little effort to arrange this line.