Chapter 105

Willow pulled the car up a few plots before where Eric had entered a few hours ago. It was dark now, and she was glad she had managed to get rid of Dan during the car chase.

It wouldn't have been possible to fool someone as experienced as Dan but Dan himself had taught her a few tricks to shake off stalkers if she ever found herself in a bind. Little did she expect to use those very tricks against her mentor.

Not that it was much of her concern at this moment. There were more pressing matters taking up almost all the space in her head.

She let out a sigh, noticing a few more cars parked outside Eric's property.

"Looks like he isn't alone anymore," she mumbled, exchanging a worried glance with Alice.

"Maybe Mommy and Daddy came, just like you said they would."

"You're right. If I remember what Eric told me, he must have called them to clear up the misunderstandings between them."

"But there are more than two cars, Aunt Will. Who are the other people?"

Willow frowned, narrowing her gaze. "I think Jenna is here too."

At the mention of Jenna, Alice scrunched up her nose. "I don't like that Aunty. She's mean to Mommy. Back on the cruise, she even tried to push her off the ship."

"Of course, she did," Willow rolled her eyes. "No worries, though. Her karma will dish out enough payback to last her for three lifetimes."

In the future, the arrogant Jenna Rivers would catch some kind of skin disease, and all her pride and arrogance would go down the drain. She would literally disappear from the face of the earth and would never bother Carmen and the Logans again.

Alice probably didn't know that without Jenna, Carmen and Ronin wouldn't have ended up together—at least not how their love story unfolded in this universe. Alice wouldn't even be here as the result of their true love. In the grand scheme of things, Jenna played a pretty important role. Not her favourite one of all. But still, a role that mattered.

"Watch, Aunt Will. Someone is coming out." Alice pointed at the man stepping out of the house.

Willow recognized the man coming out of the car right away. "James," she mumbled to herself, her eyes filled with rage. She remembered what he did to her that night. Not only did he beat her so she would be afraid of him and wouldn't speak to Dad and Grandpa, but he also left her in the office basement to be assaulted by his men. She still remembered the words he said to them...

"Have fun, boys. But make sure the next time I see her, she should be as obedient as a dog, you hear me? Like a dog."

Willow's fingers clenched around the steering wheel, her knuckles turning pale. "You're lucky I can't mess with this timeline too much, James, or I would have loved to throw you to some wild dogs myself."

"Did you say something, Aunt Will?" Alice asked, looking confused and worried all at once.

Willow took a breath and gathered her bearings. She shook her head. "No. Just nervous, I guess."

"Me too."

Willow glanced back at the house and noticed as James lit up a lighter.

Her heart stopped for a second there. "Shit!" She scrambled out of the car, almost tripping on her feet as she tried to get closer to the house. "We are late."

James and his men drove away, laughing.

"Aunt Will!" Alice yelled, rushing out of the car as fast as possible as she followed the older Logan. "What's happening?"