Chapter Six

Carmen quickly grabbed her clothes and dashed to the bathroom, hoping to forget the dream that had jolted her awake

Carmen quickly grabbed her clothes and dashed to the bathroom, hoping to forget the dream that had jolted her awake. Her breathing was bedraggled, and her chest rose and fell at an unpredictable cadence. Her heart was hammering too loudly in her chest. When she looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't help but feel a burst of heat rush down her bones and blush even more, realizing that the woman who stared back resembled someone who had been thoroughly devoured.

Bitten and bruised.

But not in a painful way. Oh no, it was definitely not painful at all. Not in a way one might think.

Yep, totally a dream. That little girl was proabbly something concoted by her own brain.

Carmen bit her lip and walked away from the door, approaching the sink, turning on the water, and washing her face. Because she didn't have any spare clothes to wear, she put on the dress she had worn the night before and stepped out of the bathroom, heels in her hand.

The plan was simple. She was going to sneak out of the house without anybody knowing. That's how one-night stands were supposed to be. That's precisely how she intended her one-night stand to go as well, even if they never got to the best part.

Carmen would be lying if she said everything else that happened between her and the man whose name she still didn't know wasn't mind-boggling. She couldn't remember the last time she felt so good and beautiful and responsive to someone. To prove the passion they shared all night, she had bite marks all over her neck and the exposed skin on her shoulders.

Tiptoeing around the messy bed and towards the room's door, she opened it gently and peeked through the crack, catching sight of an empty hallway leading to a quiet living room. Despite being awfully intoxicated, Carmen vaguely remembered that man leading her into the home before thrusting her on the bed and climbing over her, their mouths crashing against each other, hands probing the anatomy of the other.

It had been a blissful experience from as far as she could remember. Though it was sad that he was hesitant to go all the way with her. Perhaps her being virgin had freaked him out a little. Not that she could blame him. She was a little spooked out herself. After all, it wasn't easy to give herself to someone she barely knew, not when she had waited all her life for the right man to come and take her. The thought of even entertaining an idea so rash was guaranteed to screw with her brain. And it was screwing with her brain, even if the hangover from the last night was enough to blur some lines.