Chapter Thirty-One

Simon was in his office, ready to end the phone call, when he heard a series of urgent knocks

Simon was in his office, ready to end the phone call, when he heard a series of urgent knocks. "Come in," he whispered, barely taking his eyes off the cluttered desk in front of him.

"We've got a problem."

Simon sighed and glanced at the man, immediately recognizing him as Randy Perez, the head of security. He leaned back in his chair, giving Randy his full attention. "What did you mess up this time?"

Randy Perez swallowed, gripping the walkie-talkie tightly in his large hand. "I just received a message from the captain."

"And?" Simon was already getting annoyed by Randy's slow way of speaking. But he held back his frustration and waited. Losing his temper wouldn't help him in any way. The situation had already escalated enough for the night, and the last thing he wanted was to draw more attention to his plans.

Randy nervously moistened his lips. "The captain just received a message about a local police team heading our way. They received a missing person report and want to dock at the nearest port. They're requesting our cooperation to search the cruise ship."

Simon didn't need a second thought to figure out who was behind the report. He had already been informed by Viper about those three troublesome individuals who dared to interfere with his relationship with Carmen.

Idiotic fools!

Knowing that Ronin Logan had the audacity to still play a part in Carmen's life infuriated him even more. Wasn't he done with her by now? Didn't he have his chance and blow it? Why was he causing so much trouble now? Couldn't he just leave her alone?

He hated that even after divorcing that beautiful woman, Ronin continued to interfere in her life. And what infuriated him more was that Carmen allowed it. Why would she do that? Wasn't it hypocritical on her part? She rejected him over a single lie—one lie—and yet she granted the man who had completely turned her life upside down with a mock wedding the right to be her savior?

It did not, and that made him even angrier.

He shook his head, trying to contain the frustration bubbling beneath his composed facade. Once he had Carmen safely within the walls of his fortress, the first thing he needed to make her understand was that he was all she had and all she needed. There was no room for any other man or confidant in her life, not even Molly. He wanted to be everything to her. Everything and more.