Chapter Sixty

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Ronin asked, glancing over the hood of the car and up at the tall building in front of them.

The place looked like a club of sorts, with a long queue of young girls and boys near the entrance, and a couple of burly bouncers securing the doors, ensuring no one acted out of line.

Jasper, seated next to him, was already working on unfastening his seatbelt and clicked his tongue. "Nah, I just brought you here to have some fun. How long has it been since you went out and got laid? Tonight's the night, man. Let's have some solid fun!"

Ronin couldn't help but shoot him a dirty look. "Please tell me that's a joke, or I might just punch that pretty face of yours right now."

Jasper chuckled. "Relax, man, I'm just messing with you." Then he took out a white envelope from the inner pocket of his blazer and handed it to Ronin. "Here. Your detective sent me the details of the guy in that video footage we obtained from the bar Natalie mentioned. According to your guy, he's a part-owner here and spends most of his time handling things through the backdoor, if you know what I mean."

Ronin put two and two together. "Wait. He's a drug dealer?"

"Apparently. It could explain how he mysteriously 'found' drugs in Natalie's possession. He might have slipped them into her purse at some point."

"That damn scumbag!" Ronin seethed with anger.

"Couldn't agree more."

"But how do we get him to talk?" Ronin mumbled to himself, his gaze fixed on the door and the bouncer who had just ushered two giggling girls in skimpy dresses inside. "If this is where he conducts his business, he might not be alone. We need a plan."

Jasper checked his phone. "I think your guy does. He's going to meet us inside—Wait a sec—what the heck? He's already inside. How did he—?"

"Come on, let's go!" Ronin didn't wait for him to finish and stepped out of the car, not wanting to waste any more time. It was already five, and he still needed to show up for the family dinner. If he didn't, God knew what new and creative ways his dad would find to humiliate him once again. And he couldn't have that. Not again.

Jasper joined him outside the car, and they both made their way to the entrance. The bouncer checked them, scanning the card Ronin handed over. The guard didn't seem to offer much resistance as he soon returned the card, stepped aside, and opened the doors for them.

Inside, the pulsating beat of music washed over them as neon lights danced around the crowded club. The air was thick with excitement and the scent of alcohol.

Jasper leaned in close to Ronin and shouted over the music, "Keep an eye out for our guy. He should be somewhere around here."

Ronin nodded, his eyes darting around the room. It didn't take long before he spotted the man they were looking for, a man in a brown leather jacket, nursing a drink and sitting alone. Ronin motioned to Jasper, and they steadily made their way towards him.

The man in the brown jacket raised his drink at them as they approached closer, not making an effort to offer a seat. He was a handsome man with scruff around his jaw, giving him a rugged look. His eyes were sharp, and the tip of his nose bore a slight crook, suggesting it had been broken at some point in his life.

"You're late. I told you to be here before the club started," he remarked.

"Something came up," Ronin explained as he slid into the vacant seat, with Jasper following suit across from him. "What do we know so far?"

The man leaned back, making himself comfortable. "I've seen him a few times. He came downstairs to pick up some special guests."

"So, he's conducting business as usual," Jasper concluded. "But why would a man like him personally involve someone like Natalie? He could have assigned one of his men to do that."