Chapter Thirty-Two

There were moments in Carmen's life that she never saw coming

For instance, when her mother disappeared from her life without a trace.

Or when she won first place in the spelling bee.

Or that one time when she brought a stray dog home and her father surprisingly agreed to let him stay for the night.

Or in the sixth grade when someone stole her lunch box and they ended up becoming the best friends.

Or when she applied at Logan's enterprise and got accepted.

And last but definitely not least, when she attended her boss's wedding only to become his temporary wife.

But even with all those surprising twists and turns, nothing could have prepared her for the terrifying moment when a dangerous thug dragged her off to an unknown destination.

When Carmen spotted the helicopter rumbling through the sky, her heart began to pound painfully harder and louder, and she immediately felt a surge of resistance.

"Oh no, no, no, no, no," she tried to pull herself back, pressing her heel against the floor, but it hardly made a difference. Her cries for help were being drowned by the sound of the ocean and cruise. The dark, moonless night did little to calm her panicked nerves.

Viper anticipated her resistance well before she even realized it, and whether it was his instincts or experience, he was prepared for it. His large and merciless fingers effortlessly closed around her wrist, gripping it so tightly she couldn't help but cry, her tears stinging her eyes.

"Come on," he grunted, enjoying the thrill as his own adrenaline began to pump through his veins, making his muscles tense and ready for any confrontation.

Carmen whimpered, her voice trembling. "Please... let me go. You don't have to do this. I did nothing to you."

Viper tightened his grip, a sinister smirk crossing his face. "Sorry, sugar, but duty calls. And you couldn't do anything to me even if you tried," he was laughing as he dragged her forward to where Simon and his men were waiting for her. "You're too weak."