Chapter Eighty-Four

Carmen wasn't sure what to expect when she received the text from Ronin a little after they went to their rooms after dinner, asking her to meet him on the rooftop.

To her massive relief, Molly had decided to sleep in one of the other guest rooms in the house, saying that she had a lot of office work to catch up on—something about a new order her company had recently landed. Of course, Carmen had been more than happy to encourage her best friend to focus on her work, but also not without a reminder not to stay awake too late. It couldn't be good for her health, now could it?

Anyway, the absence of Molly anywhere near her didn't make her any less cautious, there was still Jasper to worry about. The guy was literally like a ghost, popping in and out of absolutely nowhere.

Sigh. Anyway, Carmen left her room as quietly as she could, tiptoeing up the stairs that led to the roof. Quite glad to not have bumped into Jasper or any of the maids on her way.

By the time she made it to the topmost stair, she was slightly breathless. Even after resting for more than a week, she hadn't regained her inner strength. She could tell that she still had a long way to go. Perhaps she should eat more and take longer walks during the morning and after dinner to stretch her muscles.

Ugh. Not that it was time to be troubled by such random thoughts.

Carmen hesitated only for a few seconds, seeing the door to the rooftop was already wide open. She could even notice the soft scent of something sweet and rich in the air. Her brows furrowed up into her forehead, wondering what he really was up to.

Could this be...?

"Don't just stand there," Ronin's voice came, followed by a soft chuckle that spurred her legs to keep moving forward.

Her curious eyes were quick to search for him across the huge open space, but what she landed upon, brought literal tears of awe to her eyes.

"Oh, my God," she whispered to herself, coming to a slow pause, her jaw hanging open. "How did you...when did you do this?"

In front of her, right in the middle of the expansive area, was a cozy arrangement of pillows and blankets, a makeshift tent created from white sheets, and fairy lights twinkling all around. There was even a table with snacks and drinks, delicate glasses placed upside down with care, and a little fire to keep them warm.

"I hope you like it," she heard Ronin again, and this time, instead of being captivated and stunned by the beautiful scene in front of her, she finally focused on the man himself. Dressed in a white shirt that accentuated his broad shoulders and impressive physique, he looked breathtakingly handsome. Mr. and Mrs. Logan had surely passed down some good-looking genes, it seemed.

"I...I don't know what to say," really, she didn't. How could she describe the efforts and thoughts he had put into this? What words could she even use? This...no one had ever done something like this for her. This...was turning her into an emotional wreck.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't even realize when Ronin appeared behind her, his strong hands enveloping her waist loosely, his chin on her shoulder. "So, what do you think?"

She smiled. How could she not? "It's beautiful. Did you do all this yourself?"

"Of course not," he said, but she could sense the tease in his words. "I didn't make these snacks or the drinks. It could have raised suspicions, as you know."

"Sounds like you have been careful." She quipped back, pressing her back more into him and loving the way his warmth seemed into her.

"There was no other choice, was there?" He said, and she couldn't argue. She was simply glad that he understood how much keeping their secret for a while meant to her. She was glad that she could finally see this caring side of him.

Billionaire's Second Chance At Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें