Chapter Eleven

"Watch it!" The tipsy woman who had just slammed into Carmen's back snapped

"Watch it!" The tipsy woman who had just slammed into Carmen's back snapped. "Bitch, can't you see?"

Well, not from the back of my skull....? Carmen thought before she took a step away from the voice and turned around, only to come face-to-face with the actual bitch of the century.

Jenna Rivers.

Of course, she is here. Just my luck!

Carmen frowned before scrunching up her nose at the amount of booze this woman was reeking of. "How much are you drunk?"

Jenna looked like she was about to puke, but instead of succumbing to the urge, she poked a finger in front of Carmen's face, wobbly on her feet. "You!" She hissed, slightly confused but mostly annoyed. "What the hell are you doing here? Didn't you get the memo? Bitches are not allowed! Nope, not here, Carmen Price. You don't belong here. This place ain't for a whore like you."

Jenna's words should not have bothered Carmen. She'd grown accustomed to the back and forth of hurtful words. Jenna was almost expected to make a scene and make Carmen look like the real culprit. And, to be honest, it wouldn't have bothered her even now if it weren't for the situation they were in.

The atrium, which had been bustling and humming with music, gossip, and assorted conversations, had now fallen silent.

After she had agreed to stay for the three-day cruise, Simon had led her back to the party on the deck. He was still with her until a few minutes ago, when one of the guests swiped him away for a private conversation.

For obvious reasons, she missed having him by her side.

Carmen felt a sharp chill run down her spine as she looked around and noticed everyone's gaze on them, mostly on her, as Jenna kept pointing that damn finger in front of her face. It didn't help that her last few words were almost screeched, as if she deliberately wanted everyone to hear the way "whore" came out of her mouth.

Carmen swallowed, humiliation cutting like a knife at the back of her neck. Her first move was to grab Jenna's wrist and slap it away. "I'm going to be the bigger person and leave first because you're not in your right mind." She told Jenna, knowing that the only sophisticated solution was to avoid this spoiled, rich brat.