Hamliza: Mistletoe

Narrator POV:

The Schuyler's Christmas Party. The one party a year where the Schuyler sisters could invite whoever they pleased. Plus, it was invite only. No one they didn't want in could get in. Unlike parties that the Schuyler's threw.

Eliza Schuyler decided to invite her biggest crush and her best friend, Alexander Hamilton. They've been best friends since 8th grade, and she's had a crush on him since 10th grade. Now their in 12th grade and she knew she had to do something soon so they could be dating before the end of the school year.

And she knew Christmas was definitely the best option. She hung up mistletoe all over the house and couldn't wait for the guests to arrive.

Angelica and Peggy's guests arrived first, as well as some of her parents snooty rich friend. She hated snooty rich adults. They think they own the place. And they think it's on the children to fix everything that could possibly happen.

Eliza stayed by the window until she saw the dark blue car pull up in her long driveway. She excitedly ran to the door and down the steps to greet Alex. He chuckled at how excited she was.

"Hello there." He laughed and hugged her. Eliza hugged back, pretending it was in a GF/BF way but they were just friends. Sadly.

"Welcome to the ultimate Schuyler Christmas Party!" Eliza said cheerfully and pulled him inside. That's when she noticed the multiple mistletoe branches she hung up had fallen onto the floor. The only one that was still standing had a couple making out under it.

Eliza sighed and decided she would try again later, Alex had the same thought. He wanted to kiss Eliza so badly and he knew that under the mistletoe would be the perfect spot.

...

The two had walked around the party, just chatting and drinking, until Eliza noticed that there was no one under the mistletoe! This was her chance! She grabbed Alex's arm and pulled him over to the mistletoe.

Unfortunately, right before they got there, a man got down on one knee and proposed to his girlfriend, blocking Eliza from getting to the mistletoe. Yes, she was happy for the couple but they were ruining her chances of getting a boyfriend before New Years!

Once the chaos of the proposal died down, Eliza attempted it again. Except this time, Alex didn't let her pull his arm. It hurt the last time. Eliza groaned and gently led him to the mistletoe, hoping he wouldn't notice.

But of course, some random lady's water had to break and everything was in chaos again. Alex jumped into action to help the lady out to her car as her husband drove to the hospital. Eliza stayed inside and cleaned up the mess.

The party was over after that. No one really wanted to stay for another distraction or disaster. Eliza continued to clean and the Hamilsquad and her sisters helped as much as they could.

What Eliza didn't know was that Lafayette had been observing Alex and Eliza all night. He knew what she was trying to do and knew exactly how to get them to do it. He grabbed all the mistletoe off the floor and chucked it at Alex and Eliza.

"Now kiss!" He shouted, making Eliza blush and Alex jump a bit. Alex immediately pulled Eliza close to him and kissed her passionately, like he'd been waiting to do for years. Eliza was left in a state of shock once Alex pulled away and left with his buddies.

The two ended up dating a week later and spent New Years in each others arms like the happy couple they were.