Lams: Science Projects and Turtles [Part 2]

John POV:

I remembered the science fair where Alex and I won 2nd Place. It was also the science fair where Alex and I became best friends. And the science fair when I knew I loved my best friend.

I loved Alex. I knew since day one. Ever since I looked into his eyes, I fell for him. Hard.

His eyes just looked so... deep. I could get lost in them.

I've been trying to figure out how to ask him out but I don't want to ruin our friendship. No matter how much I wanted him to be my boyfriend. What if he doesn't feel the same?

Alex POV:

I love John. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I love him.

He obviously doesn't feel the same though.

He's been really distant and has been ignoring me. Did I do something? Did someone hurt him? Do I need to beat a mf up?! A million thoughts ran through my head.

I saw John approaching me and decided to erase all my thoughts and just embrace his presence.

"H-hey..." he stuttered. He never stutters unless he's nervous. What is he so nervous about?

"Hi John. What's up?" I replied, genuinely concerned.

"Uhm... I don't want to ruin our friendship but I uh... I really like you and I don't know if you feel the same and I understand if you don't but could you maybe consider going out with me?" He said.

It took me a second to register what just happened.

When I realized what he just said my eyes widened. I guess I took too long and John started to walk away.

I reached out and grabbed his arm, pulling him towards me and giving him a passionate kiss.

He was just as shocked as I was but now, everything was ok.

[Time skip 4 years]

I sat on the couch, watching Chuggington with my son, Philip, who's almost 2.

John and I got married 3 years ago and decided to adopt Philip 2 years ago.

Life was perfect... until the incident...

*********

A/N: Oooh can you guess What Comes Next? To be continued in part 3!!!