Thomas (Jefferson) x Peggy

Peggy POV:

I walked to class just like very other day. Today seemed normal. Little did I know that today would become the best and worst day of my life within 2 hours.

When I got to my locker, I noticed a USB taped to the outside.

Not knowing what it was, I took and kept it in my pocket until study hall.

Then, my boyfriend, Thomas Jefferson came up to me. He slammed my locker closed, just barely missing my fingers.

"Watch it!" I said, trying to be loud.

"I can do what I want. You're mine."

"I'm not yours."

"You are only you because of me. You are nothing without me."

I tried to turn around and run. Thomas grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards him.

I continued trying to break free of his grip but he is stronger than I am. Way stronger.

Luckily, the bell rang and he let me go to class. I practically ran all the way there.

[Later]

I ran to Study Hall to avoid contact with Thomas. I wished I could break up with him but he would kill me! I don't have anyone to protect me. Or so I thought.

When I got to study hall, I opened my computer and plugged in the USB.

It was a song. Not just any song. My favorite song. By Shawn Mendes. But this was a cover. A cover of my favourite song sung by John Laurens. My crush. I listened to the song. (Song above ^^^)

John's voice was amazing! So elegant yet... manly.

When the song finished, I downloaded it to my computer then emailed it to my phone. Now I could listen to it whenever I wanted.

I finally looked up from my phone and saw John sitting across from me.

"Oh uhm... hi.." I said, extremely shy.

"Did you like my song... I'm sorry for being so straight forward but... it fits your situation... I can treat you better than he can." John responded.

"I can't break up with him... he'll kill me. And if he doesn't kill me, he'll make sure my life is hell." I said truthfully.

He looked at me, as is he was memorizing everything about me.

"I'll protect you." He said after a moment of silence.

"You can't take him."

"I have my friends to help me."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."