Connor Murphy x (Female)Reader: Baby [Part 1]

Requested by: ruffletelohansson
Prompt: pregnant reader/fluffy Connor
TW: body dysmorphia

Narrator POV:

23 year old Y/N and 25 year old Connor Murphy had been married for almost 2 years now and were expecting their first baby. The only problem was... Y/N's self confidence...

She would look in the mirror at her swollen belly and frown. She hated how big she'd gotten over the past few months. All she saw on her Instagram was women and their tiny baby bumps, their stories about how their pregnancies when unnoticed because they barely showed, and so much more.

Y/N absolutely hated all of it. She wanted to be smaller again. So much so that she started crying. She saw herself crying in the mirror and cried harder, hating how she looked when she cried.

Her crying alerted Connor from the other room. He ran to her and hugged her, trying to calm her down. He knew what happened and he knew what to do.

He pulled Y/N over to their bed and sat her down, still hugging her and petting her hair gently. "Deep breaths. There you go..." he whispered.

Y/N did as her husband told her and took deep breaths until she calmed down. "Better?" Connor asked. Y/N nodded. "Good. Now can you tell me what happened?" He asked quieter.

Y/N took a shaky breath and nodded. "I hate how much I'm showing... I hate how I look when I cry... I even hate that you love me when I look like this." She explained then started crying again.

Connor looked at her sadly. "Don't ever say that to me again." He said sternly and pulled away from her hug. "I dare you to say something good about how you look right now." He demanded.

Y/N looked at him, puzzled. "What? No!" She protested. Connor didn't give in. He just kept daring her to do so until she did.

...

Y/N rolled her eyes and looked in the mirror as Connor forced her to. "Um... my hair looks nice?" She said, not really wanting to say something actually nice about herself.

Connor groaned. "Something else." He said and held your hand as you stared into the mirror. Your reflection staring back at you, as if waiting for you to say something nice.

"Fine. Um.. I guess my bump isn't... that bad..." she tried. Connor nodded and put his arm around her, kissing her cheek.

"One more thing." He said and waited for her to answer. Y/N just sighed and stared unto the mirror.

"I... I have really nice eyes... and my nose isn't horrible... and my lips look really soft today. And my cheeks are rosy instead of pale as usual!" She said, getting happier with everything she said.

"And you're beautiful beyond compare." Connor added and kissed her cheek happily. She giggled and hugged him as much as s her baby bump would let her.

"You promise you're not lying?" She asked, looking up at him. Connor just chuckled and hugged her.

"I would never lie to you." He promised.