Sprace: I Love You PART 1

Spot POV:

Don't be nervous. I told myself. You love him and he loves you!

I'm a nervous wreck! I finally built up the courage to ask Race to marry me! I had to figure out how to do it! I could be super romantic, although I'm not very good at being a 'true gentleman'. I could also just grab him by the collar and say "listen. You, me. Getting married." He would hate me!

I decided to go for the middle option. Picnic in our favourite park, watching the sun go down and the fireflies show up. Everything would be perfect. I packed a basket of food and drinks and a nice checked blanket. I texted Race to tell him to wear something nice and meet me at the park, under the oak tree where we had our first kiss.

Me: Hey babe, meet me under the special oak at 6pm. Wear something fancy!

RacerHiggins❤: sure.

RacerHiggins❤: WAIT!? IS IT OUR ANNIVERSARY!? DID I FORGET SOMETHING!?

Me: no babe, you're good

Me: just meet me at 6, ok?

RacerHiggins❤: ok ok whatever

...

I held Race's hand, staring into the Sunset.

"This is perfect. I still don't understand why you did this though?" Said Race. I realized it was now or never.

"Anthony Racetrack Higgins, since the moment I saw you after the strike, I knew it was meant to be you and me. Over these past few years of dating you, I realized that I can't live without you! You are my whole world. I love you more than I love Brooklyn! And I know that doesn't sound like much but you know how much I love Brooklyn. Anyway, I just wanted to do all of this for us. I never want to lose you," I got down on one knee. Race gasped, "my love, will you do me the honor of becoming my husband?" I asked, taking the ring box out of my pocket.

Race stared at me for a second.

Omg he hates this! He hates me!!! He's going to say no! I thought to myself.

"I-" Race started. "I can't-"

He ran away, leaving me in the dark, on my knee, regretting my entire life.