🎶Usnessa: When She Loved Me

A/N: I don't own any of the lyrics.

Narrator POV:

It had been a few months since Usnavi and his ex girlfriend, Vanessa, broke up. He was still heartbroken because of the girl he lost. Even if it wasn't his fault.

You see, Vanessa had started to lose feelings for Usnavi a while back, but she was too afraid to say anything. So, she just pulled back until she finally built up the courage to end the relationship.

Usnavi just felt worse everytime Vanessa would pull back. He couldn't tell what he'd done and whenever he asked, she would brush it off and say he was making things up.

Now, the heartbroken boy was strumming away on his guitar, unsure of what to do. He closed his eyes and started to let his feelings turn into words. And from that, came his song.

"When somebody loved me
Everything was beautiful
Every hour spent together
Lives within my heart

And when she was sad
I was there to dry her tears
And when was happy so was I
When she loved me

Through the summer and the fall
We had each other, that was all
Just she and I together
Like it was meant to be

And when she was lonely
I was there to comfort her
And I knew that she loved me

So the years went by
I stayed the same
But she began to drift away
I was left alone
Still I waited for the day
When she'd say, "I will always love you"

Lonely and forgotten
Never thought she'd look my way
And she smiled at me and held me
Just like she used to do
Like she loved me
When she loved me

When somebody loved me
Everything was beautiful
Every hour spent together
Lives within my heart
When she loved me"

He hadn't even realized his cousin, Sonny, had walked in on him singing until he heard a small applause from the doorway of his bedroom.

"Were you spying on me!?" Usnavi snapped. He was too emotional to handle anything right now. Sonny backed up.

"I'm sorry- I just- I heard you singing and thought it was good..." he whispered and kept his distance.

Usnavi shook his head. "Please leave me alone." He pleaded and looked at his cousin, sadness evident in his eyes. Sonny sighed and nodded. He went back to his own room and shut the door.

Usnavi took the silence and just sat in his own sorrow and misery, still wondering if he did anything. But he'll never know the answer to that.