Lams: Science Projects and Turtles [Part 3]

A/N: sorry this is another sad chapter :(

TW: death, guns/gun shots, blood, wounds

Narrator POV:

"He's dead, sir." Was the last thing Alex heard over the phone before dropping it.

He had almost fainted. The love of his life was dead. John was dead. He was dead.

He picked up his phone again and gathered enough strength to ask "how did he die...?"

"Gunshot sir... there was a shooting near his place of business. My condolences." And with that, the doctor hung up.

Alex burst out into tears.

Pip had crawled out of his play pens and went to Alex, hugging his leg.

Alex tried to shrug him off the realized it was Pip, the child he and John adopted together so they could be a family.

Alex's family was ripped apart. Of course, Pip was too young to understand but everytime he asked where 'Dada' was, Alex would sniffle and/or sob. He missed John so much. His whole world had crashed and burned.

He was so heartbroken, he couldn't handle taking care of Pip on his own all the time. He asked Laf, Herc, The Washingtons and the Schuylers to take turns watching Pip when Alex couldn't do it himself.

One day, Alex was allowed to go to the morgue and say goodbye to John's body. He dipped Pip off at the Schuylers and went straight to the morgue.

Seeing John's lifeless body, covered in blood from the wound, broke his heart. His husband and best friend died. He would never be the same. Never.

On his way home, Alex decided he needed a break. He picked up Pip from the Schuylers and went home to pack. They were moving. Far from all their friends and Family. Not that Alex had any family. He just moved away from all of John's annoying, homophobic family and all of his friends too. He didn't need their pity.

Alex and Pips new house was uptown. It's really quiet uptown and quick to walk to the stores and churches.

Alex decided to try going to church with Pip. He wanted a new beginning, though starting one without John would be hard. John was his whole life! Now Pip has to be his whole life. I guess that isn't too bad.

Alex walked into the church and was immediately welcomed. He signed Pip into the kids church area and then walked into the sanctuary and found a seat. A seat next to someone who was pretty... handsome.

He tried to ignore the feeling he had felt before. He wasn't ready to move on. But maybe finding someone new is a good thing? John would want him to be happy. He didn't want to get over John so he tried to pay attention to the service but every single word reminded him of the stranger next to him.

Maybe I can move on...