Hamgelica: I Don't

Requested by: HamilFanShan

Narrator POV:

Eliza smiled at her soon-to-be-husband at the altar. She had been waiting for this moment her entire life and couldn't wait to be Mrs. Hamilton. The priest turned to Eliza.

"Do you, Elizabeth Schuyler, take Alexander Hamilton to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Eliza smiled and nodded. "I do." She said without hesitation.

"And do you, Alexander Hamilton, take Elizabeth Schuyler to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest asked. Alex hesitated and Eliza gave him a worried look.

Thoughts started spiraling in his head.

You'll never be satisfied with her.

I love you more than anything!

Don't do this! You'll only get hurt!

Alex shook his head and pulled his hands away from Eliza's. "I don't. I can't." He said and started walking away. Eliza ran after him.

"Excuse me?" She asked and grabbed his arm. Alex just shook her off. Eliza teared up. "What's wrong? What did I do?" She asked, becoming more heartbroken with every second he didn't love her.

"You didn't do anything. I-Its me... I just can't be with you." He explained the best he could. Eliza didn't buy it. She knew what probably happened. She grabbed the first thing she saw and walked Alex over the head with it. It was her fathers walking stick.

Alex collapsed to the ground, going into a coma. He didn't know what was happening until the events from earlier that day started replaying in his mind. But he felt like he was there.

"Alex open the door!" Angelica called as she banged on his hotel room door. Alex opened up, half dressed in his suit.

"I can't talk to you." He said and started to close the door. Angelica stopped him. She used her strength to push against him and open the door more.

"Please just let me explain!" She begged and grabbed his arm. Alex groaned and tried to pull his arm away, but her grip was much stronger than he was.

"I'm getting married in an hour! Why are you trying to stop this! I love your sister!" Alex snapped. Aneglica didn't give in.

"You'll never be satisfied with her! You know there's still something there! We have chemistry!" Angelica said, just trying to make him look at her.

Alex tried not to show any emotion to her. Yes, he used to love her. But that was before Eliza. Before he met his sunshine.

"I love you more than anything! Please don't marry her!" Angelica begged. Alex finally looked at her, keeping a firm stare on her glossy eyes. She wasn't really going to cry, was she?

"I need to do this. For Eliza. I don't care if we both still love eachother. She loves me and I can't break her like that." Alex stated, though it seemed as though he was trying to convince himself.

"Don't do this! You'll only get hurt! She's crazy!" Angelica said, just trying to convince him that her sister is a psycho.

"Don't try and trick me! She's so sweet!" Alex said. He was starting to believe Angelica though.

"She's not sweet. Her ex's broke up with her and she hurt them so bad. She'll hurt you too!"

"She'll hurt me if I leave her! I'm not going to leave her for you!" Alex snapped and finally got his arm away from Angelica.

Angelica grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him. Alex didn't even try to pull back. He knew he still loved her. And he wasn't going to let anyone ruin that.

It's funny how one kiss can change someone's whole perspective in just a few seconds.

Alex woke up to a beeping sound beside him. He opened his eyes a bit, only to close them again be ca use of the bright lights around him. Saying his head hurt was an understatement.

He heard a gasp from beside him. "You're awake!" A female voice said happily. He thought it was Eliza's so he pulled away when she tried to hold his hand.

He finally opened his eyes and saw Angelica. "What happened...?" He asked in a tired, raspy voice.

"Uh... you dumped Eliza at your wedding and she sent you into a coma by whacking you over the head with our fathers walking stick. You've been out for 6 months.." Angelica explained.

Alex understood as much as he could but just smiled at her. "I love you too." He said, finally giving in.

Angelica leaned down and kissed him. "I told you she was psycho." She giggled a bit. Alex nodded.

"Well I'm glad you're not and I'm glad I have you." He smiled more and held her hands. They talked for hours and got married 3 years later. On the exact same day because both of them are extremely petty.