Jeggy: Fighting

Requested by: janthonylover

Peggy POV:

I came home after another stressful day at work. Unfortunately, I can't tell my husband, John Laurens, what that job is. For security reasons, of course. I do want to tell him but I can't... that's why we started arguing all the time.

As soon as I walked in the door, I could tell that something was different... I just couldn't tell what.

"John, love! Are you home?" I called through the house. I heard muffled footsteps from upstairs then saw my husband come down the stairs.

"Hey-" I said quietly in case he had gotten drunk earlier and had a hangover.

"You know how much I hate secrets. Why won't you tell me your job!" He snapped at me.

I rolled my eyes. "I just got home and you're already starting this? I can't tell you!"

John scoffed. "Yes I'm starting it now. Tell me where you work! I should be able to know where my wife works!" He shouted.

I kept my mouth shut and started to leave the room.

"Oh so you're giving me the silent treatment now?" He said and rolled his eyes. I nodded and went to the living room to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S..

...

Narrator POV:

Days past and the two were still giving each other the silent treatment. They stayed out of each other's way as much as possible. John slept on the couch the past few nights while Peggy got the bed.

They both missed each other, of course, but both of them were too stubborn to admit it first. That was Peggy's breaking point.

...

One day, Peggy came home from work and looked around the house for John.

He wasn't home, he wouldn't answer his phone and ty here was no note or anything. Peggy started to panic. She tried calling him multiple times.

No answer.

She called her sisters husband, Alexander Hamilton, because he was John's best friend.

Alex, unfortunately, did not know where John was but he promised to tell Peggy if he saw him.

Peggy started getting overwhelmed. She started hyperventilating which led to crying and her needing to sit against the wall so she wouldn't pass out.

Not even 15 minutes past before John walked in with his arms holding a bunch if grocery bags. When he saw Peggy, he dropped them immediately and ran to her, coaching her breathing until she calmed down.

"There you go. Deep breaths." He whispered and rubbed her back.

Peggy looked up at him, her eyes still red from crying. "W-where did you go..." she whispered to him.

"I just went to the store and picked up more snacks... I'm sorry. I should have told you." He whispered back and held Peggy close.

Peggy nodded and put her head on his shoulder. "You can sleep in our bed with me tonight..." she whispered. John smiled and nodded. "So I can protect you from ghosts?" He joked. "I saw what i saw!" Peggy said, raising her voice a little but not too much that it's mean.

They laughed together and kissed to seal their love in their own eyes.

While the two did continue to fight occasionally over the years, Peggy eventually gave in and told John what her job is.. but that is a story for another time.