Thomas Jefferson x Reader (Female)

A/N: you're Alexander Hamiltons sister so obviously you went through the same things he did. You're a year younger, making you 18. This is modern AU and you and Alex are both going to Kings College. Yes, this is a storm chapter. Anyway, let's get on with this then.

TW: death and an extra fluffy Thomas

Narrator POV:

You were walking to class when you heard a loud crash from outside. You knew that sound too well. Thunder storms. Your worst nightmare.

You wished to could run into the arms of your older brother, Alex, but you remembered he was probably out with his girlfriend.

Another loud crash sounded as lightning flashed. Not again.

You froze. Storms reminded you of the hurricane from when you were 16. It wasn't that long ago. Your entire town was destroyed. You, your brother and a few others survived. Not more than 5 though. You lost your oldest brother to the water. You were still a mess. How was Alex so put together? Oh wait, he's not! But You're even less kept together than he is. And that's saying a lot.

Your POV:

Boom

More thunder.

I felt my breath hitch as I leaned against the wall.

I leaned against it and fell to the ground, hugging my knees close to my chest. I started sobbing. I didn't care if there were people around. I didn't care if people were judging me. I didn't care that people would later think of me as a weak little girl who is afraid of storms. Right now, I just needed to calm down which was nearly impossible. I needed a hug.

~flashback~

"ALEX!!! JAMES!!!" I screamed, reaching towards them.

Alex grabbed my hand but couldn't grab James'. He floated off on some driftwood but I saw him go under. He didn't resurface.

I started sobbing. Alex held onto me and we both ended up getting to higher ground. Others weren't so lucky.

The entire town was destroyed. Hundreds were dead. Our brother was dead.

Alex and I sobbed, not knowing what else to do at a time like this.

~end of flashback~

He was gone. James was dead. Alex was gone too. Not dead but I didn't know where he was exactly. I just cried. Every boom of thunder and every flash of lightning was bringing me back to that day. That horrible day. What a terrible, terrible day.

Thomas POV:

I was walking to class when I saw a girl sitting by the wall, sobbing.

Just pass by Thomas, it's not your problem. I told myself.

Nope. Not listening to you conscience.

I sat beside the girl and rubbed her back, hopeing she would feel stop crying soon.

She just sobbed more, I don't think she knew I was there. I knew I should but I hugged her. This wasn't an every day thing but I felt kind today I guess.

She finally looked up after a few minutes. She stared at me in shock for a minute.

"I-I'm sorry- who are you...?" She stuttered.

OH MY GOSH HER VOICE IS ADORABLE!!! I screamed in my head.

"Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson." I said, releasing her from the hug and extending my arm for her to shake.

"Well, Thomas, why are you sitting here, calming a pathetic cry baby who is scared of storms when you should be in class?" She asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok... I don't think you're pathetic. Everyone has their fears. I'm scared of clowns." I said, chuckling at that last part.

"Oh I guess..." she trailed off.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name?" I said.

She extended her arm and mocked my accent. "Hamilton. (Y/N) Hamilton." She said.

Wow she's gorgeous... wait did she say Hamilton?

"Alexander has a sister?" I asked.

"Yeah... no one usually notices me. I'm not shocked you didn't." She replied, mumbling a bit.

"Do you, maybe, wanna go out sometime?" I asked, kind of assuming she'd say no.

"I-I'd love to..." she said.

Well better luck next time... WAIT SHE SAID YES!!! SHE SAID YES!!!!

"Ok, I'll pick you up at 6 and we can go to dinner. How does that sound?" I asked. She just nodded. We both got up and went to class.

Yes!

**********

A/N: 696 words. Not including the A/N's and TW. New record yay!!!!