John x Reader (female)

John POV:

I woke up and looked at my beautiful wife beside me.

It was our first wedding anniversary and I wanted to do something extremely special for her. She deserves everything. Her beautiful
(H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes looked so precious as she slept.

I carefully got out of bed and made my way to the closet to grab her gift.

When I walked into our closet, the first box I saw was the one for her. The second box I saw was labeled for me.

I knew I shouldn't look but before i knew it, i was pulling the top off the box.

I gasped as I looked at the content of the box.

"A TURTLE!!!!!!!" I screamed.

I heard the bed creak and footsteps towards the closet.

Oh sh*t. I thought. I woke up (Y/N)!

(Y/N) opened the closet door and stared at me. I could tell she was very tired.

Damn.

She took the box with the turtle from my hands and walked away. She didn't always talk when she was angry.

I ran after her, apologizing a million times.

"(Y/N)! I'm sorry for snooping! Where are you going?" I asked, trying to catch up to her. (She is a speedy walker)

"I-im going to the pet store to return the turtle." She stuttered, obviously trying not to cry. I didn't even understand why.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

She tried to pull away at first but then gave up and cried into my chest.

My shirt was getting wet but I didn't mind. I just hated seeing her so upset.

I rubbed circles on her back and pet her head. She calmed down after a few minutes.

"(Y/N) what happened?" I asked cautiously.

"I-it was supposed to be a surprise..." she said, handing me the box again. "Look at what the turtle is holding"

I did as she said and check the turtles mouth.

I gasped.

"(Y/N)..." I started. "Y-youre pregnant..?"

She slowly nodded.

It took a second for this information to sink in.

"...I'm gonna be a dad!" I screamed after a minute of silence.

She giggled at my silliness. I'm glad she's happy again.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE PREGNANT! I'M GONNA BE A DAD! YOU'RE GONNA BE A MOM! WE'RE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!" I screamed again, practically darting around the room.

I hugged (Y/N) carefully and caressed her cheek and neck in kisses.

We're going to be great parents. I thought.