🎶Hamliza/Jeggy: Agony

Third person:

Eliza walked hand in hand with her boyfriend, Alexander, to the bar across from their college. There was a karaoke night and she planned to meet her sister there.
As the two walked in, they quickly spotted Peggy and John sitting close to the stage with shot glasses around the table.

Alex sighed and whispered to Eliza, "it's not fair. They got a head start," causing Eliza to giggle as they walked over.

"Hey, guys. Why'd you start without us?" Eliza said and hugged her sister for a moment. Peggy smiled and looked at her boyfriend.

"John wants to sing a song but claims he has to be hammered to sing in front of everyone." She said the last part in a low tone because she was not supposed to tell anyone.

Eliza nodded and ordered more shots for the 4 of them. Eventually, the two men started bickering about who was the better boyfriend. All thanks to the alcohol.

The sisters gave eachother a look and pushed their boyfriends onto the stage, giving them each a mic and telling the DJ what song to put on. The boys both knew the song because the girls would watch this movie on repeat for hours.

When the music started, Alex started singing as well, " Did I abuse her or show her disdain?
Why does she run from me?
If I should lose her how shall I regain the heart she has won from me?"

John pipped up for the part they sang together. "Beyond power of speech. When the one thing you want is the only thing out of your reach."

"High in her tower she sits by the hour maintaining her hair. Blithe and becoming and frequently humming a light-hearted air, Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah." John sang on his own, looking at his girlfriend with a smile.

Peggy blushed, knowing she did take a long time to do her hair. But it wasn't all her fault, curls are hard to take care of.

"Agony!" Alex pipped up for his part but John took over, "Far more painful than yours. When you know she would go with you, if there only were doors."

"Agony," they sang together, "All the torture they teach
What's as intruiging or half so fatiguing as what's out of reach."

"Am I not sensitive, clever,
Well-mannered, considerate,
Passionate, charming, as kind as I'm handsome, and heir to a throne!" Alex sang, getting a little cocky.

"You are everything maidens could wish for!" John said, hating it the second it came out.

"Then why no-"

"Do I know-"

"The girls must be mad-" Alex smirked at Eliza.

"You know nothing of madness, 'till your climbing her hair, and you see her up there, as you're nearing her all the while hearing her, Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah"

"Agony"

"Misery"

"Woe"

"Though it's different for each!" They sang together.

"Always ten steps behind."

"Always ten feet below."

"And she's just out of reach! Agony
That can cut like a knife!" Alex made a show of walking down to Eliza's seat and falling to his knee like he had been stabbed. John let Alex sing the last bit on his own.

"I must have her to wife..." he sang quietly and pulled out a ring box. Eliza gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth, tearing up as she nodded yes to Alex.

He stood up and kissed her passionately as everyone in the bar cheered.