Philidosia: Meeting The Hamiltons

Requested By: paris1776

Philip POV:

I finally convinced my girlfriend, Theodosia Burr, to meet my parents. Obviously I warned her about my dad, which made both of us anxious. Other than that, we were pretty excited. Theo was most excited to meet my siblings. She's met Angie before cause of drama club in school but she hasn't met any off my brothers.

After school, Theo and I met up at our lockers and walked to my small, black Pontiac that my dad got be for my 16th birthday. Theo got in the passenger side as I got into the drivers seat and started the engine.

"Ready to go?" I asked and looked at Theo for her nod of agreement. She nodded obviously and I backed out of the parking spot and started driving home.

"So... other than your dad. What should I be worried about?" Theo asked me while we were stopped at a red light.

"Well, my brothers will try their best to embarrass me." I say and we both chuckle a bit. "And my mum  is pregnant... again... so she's emotional all the time.. but I think she'll be nice to you. My dad gets protective of her but I don't think you'll say anything that will upset her."

Theo nodded along as I spoke, remembering everything I said. "Alright." She says. "Good to know."

I nod and turn into my street. Seconds later, I pull into the driveway of my parents brownstone and get out of the car. I walk around the car fast enough to open the door for Theo.

"Such a gentleman." She laughs and stepped put of the car. We both took a deep breath before walking up to the door. She took my hand as I opened the big, 'Go away green' coloured door and stepped inside.

"Mum! Dad! I'm home!" I called into the house and took off my shoes, Theo doing the same.

4 year old John ran up to me and hugged my legs. I laughed and picked him up. "Hey bud, did you have a good day?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah!" He said then looked at Theo, his eyes going wide. "Pretty!" He said, making Theo blush and smile. "She's very pretty." I whispered to John, making Theo blush and smile more.

I put John down as I saw my dad walk towards the door. "What is a Burr doing here?" He asked, his voice as cold as ice. "Um...." I stuttered and put my arm around Theo's waist. "We're dating..." I said. My dad took a moment for that to sink in before storming off.

Alex POV:

"BETSEY!" I yelled, my voice echoing throughout the house. There was no way my son could be dating a Burr. Burr's are terrible! How on earth could he like one!?

I saw Eliza emerge from the kitchen. "Why are you screaming???" She asked, looking pissed off.

"I'm sorry, love, but Philip let a Burr into our home!" I complained. Eliza rolled her eyes at me. "She's staying for dinner so you better not complain, yell, argue or cuss the entire time she's here. Do you understand?" She said sternly. I gulped and nodded then went to help her set the table for dinner.

...

20 minutes later, everything was set up. I called all the kids to the table but it seemed they were all too busy playing with Philip and that Burr in the backyard to hear me. I sighed and went outside.

John ran to me and I picked him up. "We playing with Theo!" He said happily. I sighed again. "I can see that but your mum wants you inside for dinner." I said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

I saw Philip nod and start cleaning up the toys they were using while Theo, AJ and James followed John and I inside. I put John in his highchair then helped Eliza, who was positively glowing, into her chair. ((she made me add that- *Eliza glares at him* - I mean.. I added that myself because it's true.))

Philip sat beside Theo, looking at his phone. Usually, phones aren't allowed at the dinner table which is why Eliza snapped. "Philip! You know you're not allowed your phone at the table!" She said. Philip flinched. "Sorry mum but Angie texted me- I forgot to pick her up from her drama club meeting." He said.

I stood up, wanting to leave. "I'll go get her." I said then noticed Eliza's glare. I sat back down. "Philip will go get her since it's his responsibility." She said. Philip and I nodded and he left. The table was left in silence for a few minutes.

Theo POV:

After Philip left, it was very quiet. Except for the occasional clash of the metal fork and the ceramic plate.

Mrs. Hamilton spoke up after about 5 minutes. "So, Theo, how is your mom?" She asked. I froze. The way she said it sounded like she was actually curious. I guess she didn't know my mom died 4 months ago. I only told Philip and I guess he kept his promise and never told anyone.

"I- uh- where is the bathroom?" I ask, ignoring her question as I was getting uncomfortable and sad. Mrs. Hamilton seemed to get emotional because I ignored her question. Mr. Hamilton held her hands and pointed to the bathroom. "Thank you.." I mumbled and left the table quickly.

I stayed in there until I heard Philip and Angie get back so I was in the bathroom for about 10 minutes. I left the bathroom as Philip and Angie walked into the dining room so I joined them a few moments later.

I noticed that Mrs. Hamilton looked like she had been crying. Mr. Hamilton glared at me and looked at Philip. "She needs to leave." He said to him through gritted teeth.

"What? Why???"

"Because she made your mother upset!"

"How???"

"All your mother did was ask a simple question and your 'girlfriend' completely ignored her!"

"What was the question?"

"How is her mother doing?"

"HER MOTHER IS DEAD!" Philip yelled at his parents. Everyone stared in shock except for me. Tears formed in my eyes as I grabbed my bag and left. I ignored Philip calling and running after me.