Philidosia: Tree House

A/N: Philip and Theo are around 7 years old.

Philip POV:

I was playing in the backyard while my mom worked in the garden with Baby Angie in her outside playpen. Dad was setting up inside for an important meeting with Mr. Burr. I've never met him before but apparently he has a daughter who is my age.

"Mommy can I go in my tree house?" I asked from the bottom of the ladder.

She looks at me and smiles. "Of course Pip. You know the rules and  make sure you come down when I call you though." She says. I nod and climb up the tree into my treehouse.

It's my safe space. My space where I can be myself and write my poems. Only my dad knows I write poems and he promised he wouldn't tell mom or else she would make a big deal out of it.

I sat at my table, grabbed a pencil and paper and started writing.

I started writing about how my day was. Then my mom called me.

"Pip! Mr. Burr and his daughter are here! Come say hello!" She called from the bottom of the tree.

I put my paper and pencil away then climbed down the tree to go say hello.

I followed my mom inside and saw the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

"Pip, this is Theodosia Burr." My dad said and walked into the livingroom with Mr. Burr.

"Hi Theodosia! Wanna go play in the backyard?" I asked.

She nodded. "Sure! That sound fun!"

I smiled and led her through the house to the backyard. I grabbed one of my soccer balls and kicked it to her. She kicked it back and we did that for a bit.

After we got bored, we started playing hide and seek. I was it first and counted to 10.

"1...2...3...4...5...6...7...uh...8...9...10!" I said and uncovered my eyes.

I looked in the garden, behind the shed, in the bushes and on both sides of the house and I couldn't find her!

That's when I heard a giggle from above my head.

I looked up and remembered my tree house was in the tree I was standing under.

I climbed up quickly and found her sitting in my beanbag chair.

"You're not allowed up here!" I said, getting upset.

"Oh.. I'm sorry.. I didn't know.." she whispered and began to climb back down the tree.

"Wait- maybe I can make an exception?" I said. She smiled and climbed back up.

We sat in the treehouse for hours probably. I showed her some of my poetry and she showed me how good she could draw.

Soon, my mom called us both down because Theo was leaving. We both were sad about that.

I hugged Theo goodbye.

When her dad wasn't looking, she kissed my cheek and I smiled and kisses her cheek.

After that, Mr. Burr took Theo home and mom put me to bed.