𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳, HIYA, KID

𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶

ELARA FELL AGAINST THE couch with Jack laughing in her arms

ELARA FELL AGAINST THE couch with Jack laughing in her arms. "Okay! Okay!" Jack wiggled out of her arms.

Jack smiled in front of his mom, "You're it!" He rushed to tap her arm before he prepared to take off.

"Oh, you cheater!" She laughed about to follow him.

Jack groaned and fell to the floor. "Ow," he grumbled rubbing his head. He looked up to see his father standing in front of him. "Oh, hey, dad."

"Hello, son," he reached down to help the poor kid. Jack took his hand and then ran back over to his mom sitting on the couch. "You are leaving with Elijah."

Elara furrowed her eyebrows, securing Kemp in her lap. "Uh...why?"

"He's meeting an old friend for another one of those bones. You are going with to ensure our friend behaves himself."

Elara sighed, "And why am I the one?"

Klaus shrugged, "he resembles a father of sorts."

She tilted her head. "I don't hav...no," she shook her head. Klaus raised his hand. She moved Kemp to sit next to her before she stood up. "No! Why did you bring him into this?"

Not only did Klaus bring another human into this, but it was someone she cared about.

"Well, I don't quite fancy a visit to that forsaken town," Elara glared at him. "He has what we need. But he happens to hate us so you can go and keep him in line."

Elara placed her hands on her hips, annoyed. "Can I go?" Both of their eyes went to their child on the couch.

Elara looked over her shoulder about to shake her head no.

"By all means."

"No."

They spoke at the same time. Elara turned to glare at him. "I can't take one and not the other."

"Sure you can."

"Why can't he stay with you?"

Klaus looked at his son, "he hates me," he mumbled.

Elara lifted her hands, "I wonder why!"

Again, he's made no effort in getting to know his son. Kemp can't just turn to this man he just met, not as easily as Hope who had always dreamed of this.

"And I have things to do today. Hayley and I are off to mingle with old witches."

Elara scoffed, "So where will Hope be?"

"Here. With Freya."

She scoffed, "of course. You know what, it's fine. Come on, Jack." She turned with her hand held out for her son.