𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟴, THREE BEATS

𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘴

ELARA WOKE TO HER BABY'S cries. She rubbed her eyes getting from her bed. Elara was not a morning person, she gave a death wish to every person who work her from her slumber.

All except her little angel.

She gasped seeing Hope standing in her crib, "well, good morning!" She picked her out of the crib. Hope babbled unknown sentences. "Smells like your uncle is cooking."

Elara walked into the kitchen where Elijah was.

"Y'know I thought with our whole vacation you'd lose the suit but I guess not," she teased him. Elijah started separating the food onto plates for them to eat.

"It's a good thing you're not a good thinker."

Elara gasped throwing an apple at him, "it's small up there, but it holds up well enough." She sat Hope into her high chair.

Elara walked around the counter to wash her hands and rinse a knife. She started cutting up strawberries, grapes, and bananas putting them all in a small bowl for Hope.

"I used to hate fruit when I was a kid. Unless it was dipped in chocolate I would not eat it." She took the bowl to Hope, who immediately dug her hands in.

"So that's why your head is so big."

Elara turned to look at Elijah, pointing her finger. "Listen up, grandpa, you're not gonna keep insulting me. I can play on your mental issues," she motioned to his head.

He chuckled, nodding, "fair enough. Niklaus should be on his way back." Elara nodded grabbing her plate. "Are you two back to... normal?"

Elara tried to fight the smile as Elijah turned red in embarrassment. She tilted her head. "If you mean back to touching each other all over I'd say yeah."

Hope reached over to Elara holding out a strawberry to her. Elara smiled taking it into her mouth, "thank you. I see someone in this family is caring."

Hope shrieked continuing to eat the fruit.

"In all seriousness, are you feeling okay? You're not gonna chop my head off for spilling orange juice are you?"

Elijah squinted, "that depends."

"On what!"

"How much of a nuisance you are."

Elara scoffed laughing. "And to think I was going to give you my old therapist's number."

Elijah and Elara smiled at each other continuing to pick at each other as they ate.

The sound of a car engine grabbed at their ears just as they finished their plates. Elara smiled grabbing her daughter out of the chair. Elijah handed her wipes to clean off Hope's hands and mouth.