𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟮, A MIKAELSON WEDDING

𝘉𝘢𝘣𝘺, 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦

THE WAY ELARA ENVISIONED her wedding day was not in the kingdom of New Orleans under chandeliers with vampires and werewolves as guests

Elara always wanted a simple wedding. But a beautiful one.

Now she's got an extravagant, beautiful wedding.

Elara walked out and everyone stood. Is it too late to turn around? She swallowed under the gaze of everyone.

A part of her wanted to turn around and run back into her room. She wanted to give it all up and never come back down. She was afraid.

An arm grabbed hers. She turned to meet the blue-eyed Salvatore. "I got you, kid," he whispered. She smiled softly as her other arm was grabbed. "I'm here too," Stefan whispered.

She smiled knowing she had her boys. "I love you guys." They walked her down the aisle towards her side of the stairs. She stopped by her mom. Elaine smiled taking a white rose off of the bouquet on the empty seat for her father. She motioned for her daughter to bend down so she could put the flower in her hair.

"Take a piece of him with you," her mother kissed her cheek.

Elara stood straight looking across the aisle to see Klaus.

Today's the day. Right now. Right here. It's all he ever dreamed of with her, yet, he never imagined it to be this perfect.

They walked up the stairs to Mary and Jackson.

"You may be seated," Mary told everyone once Klaus and Elara reached the top. "We gather together as a community seeking peace inspired by the union of this couple before you."

Elara looked down at the people sitting and at the empty seat next to her mom. For a second she saw her father smiling in his seat.

"There was a time when werewolves saw themselves, not as cursed but as blessed with a connection with our most pure selves. And tonight we honor that blessing with the long-awaited unification of the two werewolf bloodlines. In doing so, we choose to embrace Klaus and Elara's vampire nature."

Mary started to tie their hands together. "With this Union Elara will share their unique gifts with her pack. And now you're bound." Mary set the candle stick between their hands.

"I pledge to honor and defend you and yours above all others."

"To share blessing and burdens. To be your advocate. Your champion."

"To be your comfort. Your sanctuary. For as long as we both shall live."

"To be your family."