𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟲, THEY MADE A FRIEND

𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰

ELARA STUMBLED OUT OF her bed back in the compound

ELARA STUMBLED OUT OF her bed back in the compound. She hadn't been in it in five years, but it still felt like home.

She went to check on the kids but they were nowhere to be found in the rooms. She figured they'd be with Klaus or anyone else in the family.

She heard cluttering and followed the sound. "Hayley?" She saw her sister in one of the offices going through boxes. "Woah, this all ours?"

Hayley nodded from the box she was going through. "Here," she handed her sister the picture frame.

Elara reached out to grab it. Two blonde babies sat in the grass laughing with each other. Around the frame was 'Andrea & Lily' written in pink and yellow foam letters.

"Aww, we were so cute. That name is ew. Imagine if my name was Lily," she mentally gagged at the thought.

Hayley rolled her eyes at her sister. "You're so stupid. Oh, come look at this," Hayley made space on the couch.

Elara held the frame tightly in her arms as she sat down. Hayley opened up a picture book and started flipping through the pages, both of them gawked over their first year of life until the pictures disappeared and the book was blank.

"I take it you two are holding a yard sale?"

Elara smiled hearing her husband's voice. Now that they were finally (hopefully) over the Rory thing she felt nothing but pure bliss at having his presence back. She never wanted to let him go again.

"I figured while we're stuck here I may as well work out which stuff to keep and which to donate," Hayley continued through the boxes.

Klaus nodded and carried over to Elara. "Listen, I found Hope and Ke—Jack exploring the rubbish in the attic. They're restless."

Elara smiled at him, "They're not restless, babe. They're bored. Most kids their age would be at school, and Jack has missed 3 of his soccer games already. They have no friends to play with."

Elara wanted them to be in school, to have a normal childhood, but that wasn't an option right now. For a while, she considered putting them at the Salvatore school. But she wasn't prepared to be away from them so young, especially with what was going on with Klaus.

"Well, once Freya teaches them to hone their magic they'll be powerful beyond measure and they won't need friends. They'll be worshipped." Elara and Hayley both shared a look at his words. "And they're siblings. My siblings and I were never bored."

"Look at you now," Elara mumbled.

Hayley fought her laughter before she spoke. "They don't want to be worshipped, they want someone else to be on their team."