𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰, DOWN IN NEW ORLEANS

𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

TO SAY KLAUS' PLAN WAS gonna be easy would be a lie. They hadn't gotten along for more than 2 seconds. Any time either one of them spoke it seemed to go in a different direction than anticipated, and they ended up arguing.

The first problem was Elara needing to stop every half hour. It was either she was hungry, felt sick, or had to pee, or even just wanted to annoy him.

The problem she had being in the car with him was that she didn't like him, and he wouldn't let her play her music. She talked to Stefan to pass the time and he turned the radio all the way up, and she couldn't hear anything.

Everything was going wrong and they had only been driving for 4 hours.

"If you just let me listen to One Direction in peace there wouldn't be a problem." Elara somehow managed to connect her phone to the car without him noticing. She started playing her own music and he would decide that then he suddenly had a magic phone call to make.

He's not that important.

Everyone he's knows is either dead or doesn't like him.

"No one wants to hear boys in too-tight jeans sing about," he paused looking at what song was playing, "rocking each other." Elara gasped offended and gave him an angry look.

How dare he insult her boys? "If you wanna keep your rocks in place I think you should stop talking." She got very defensive over them, especially when a half-breed old man was trying to say something about them.

He rolled his eyes deciding to endure the music.

A good 10 minutes passed before she started to get bored again. She looked around the car deciding on him. She started poking his cheeks seeing how squishy they were.

"What are you doing?" He tried shoving her hands away. When he scrunched his face a dent appeared in his cheek showing his dimples. Elara froze for a second staring at them. She didn't know he had dimples, she'd always seen him so serious and angry she never saw them.

"Do you ever smile?" She asked him causing him to think of the times he did smile.. she seemed to be the constant in all of them.

"Are you ever not annoying?" Yeah, he loved her, but she did make him wake to gouge out his eyeballs and stick them in his ears. To Elara she wasn't annoying, she was just giving a daily dose of Elara to everyone.

"No." She answered getting a nod from him, "Exactly."

Klaus continued to drive at his, very much, illegal speed. He had somewhere to be, traffic guidelines didn't really matter to him. Elara decided to leave him alone and took another nap.

She must've been sleeping a while because when she woke up it was dark out, and they were passing a sign that said they were entering New Orleans. She sat up looking out the window.