𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟭, IT'S LOVE

𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘶𝘭𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥

(double update, read last chapter first)

ONE THING PAUL JENSEN loved about watching his daughter fall in love was the watching

He watched as she pondered in the mirror going over every detail of her appearance before going to see him. He watched as she paced around the house whenever he called her phone because she didn't know what to do with all of the excitement she felt when hearing his voice. He watched as she played out every detail of their encounters while he made dinner.

He watched as his daughter fell into the arms of another man.

In a way, Elara had done the same.

Growing up she watched as her parents danced in the kitchen with nothing but love in their eyes. She watched as her father gave her mother a single white rose every time they argued. She watched as her father stayed up all night until her mom got home from work just to ask her how her day went and be with her as she ate dinner. She watched as they replayed old home movies of the little moments they documented throughout their life together.

She watched as her parents fell into the arms of each other.

But what love is perfect? While they watched the happiness they also saw the sorrow.

Paul watched as his daughter cried after every argument afraid it was the end. He watched as she sobbed on the bathroom floor with morning sickness with no Klaus around. He watched as they slammed doors, yelling.

He watched as they broke each other's hearts.

Even after all of that he held hope. The day before he died, Paul, gave Klaus his blessing. He gave the hybrid his blessing to marry his daughter and give her the life they deserved.

Klaus watched as Elara sat on the floor of the altar in front of all the golden seats. She stared at the first seat in the first row. The seat reserved for her father.

He's not here, but Elara wouldn't let anyone else sit there. That seat was wrapped in white roses.

Even Klaus had to admit it pained him to see it too. Paul Jensen was the only man who had faith in him. He's the only one who had faith that he was a better man for Elara.

Now, he was marrying her today and he wasn't here to see it.

He watched as Elara wiped her tears. She looked up to see him looking over her.

She smiled softly before staring back at the chair ignoring all the people setting up around her.

In just a few hours she would be marrying the love of her life. She just wished her father was here to see it.