111. IF IM SO MEAN, WHY PLAY NICE

Chapter one hundred and eleven

"If I'm so mean, why play nice." 

There was an invitational which never existed but when Kurt texted about it saying that Sue planned it to once again destroy the glee club, Caroline walked out of the choir room and all the way down the hall to the auditorium, and all she was thinking about was how her group of four was supposed to go up against Blaine and his backflipping warblers who just dance around one guy who sings as the rest of them harmonize and even worse how she was supposed to go up against her other competition..wait, no, no, not competition, we're friends! Family even! Oh my god was Blaine right? 

She began to question herself even more as she found Mr Schuester watching all of his vocal adrenaline kids stretch out and warm up "well, I see all of you ready for this invitational that dropped on me like Dorothy's house in the wizard of oz." she shared, as Mr Schuester turned to her "so how does it feel being back here with them?" she asked him, as Mr Schuester sighed "I'm just glad it's in a such low stakes environment. I mean it's basically an organized practice." he told her "great!" Caroline voiced, as she began walking as he followed her "well, you know better then anyone like when you took us to Caramel high to watch vocal adrenaline that it's the complete opposite for my kids!" she voiced.

As Mr Schuester chuckled "yes, I recall you telling me that you really didn't think I was prepared for what I was about to see and I asked you why and before you could say anything the curtains opened and when it ended, I knew exactly why you said that and I thought all of you were gonna quit." he shared "yeah and I knew we were screwed cause half the kids we had couldn't dance, could barley sing and one of them as much as he became my friend was in a wheelchair. But now? Now my kids have barley understood what it's like to work together as a team, they still can barley dance and I know for sure that nothing I can come up with by the flip of a coin will out beat vocal adrenaline or the warblers." Caroline said, with spite in her voice when she warblers.

"Yeah, um I heard about you and Blaine from Kurt, he said you're not handling it well." Mr Schuester shared, as Caroline then chuckled, turning to face him "I'm fine. I'm handling it fine! I'm good! I'm great! I just know that it's now not just a tough road but a tough day ahead of me but I'm not a kid anymore, I can handle the pressure. I just wanted to say hello and now I'm saying goodbye." she shared, turning around and walking away from him "Caroline.." Mr Schuester told her, knowing fully well with four kids she was gonna crumble under the pressure as he sighed.

And soon, Blaine and his warblers had arrived, as Caroline had to stand in front of him with Kurt and Becca at her side mostly to hear what he had to say but also so the two didn't throttle each other "okay, so let's go through the rules. Um, we decided there's no judges, so this is really about bragging rights. But still my guys are taking this very, very seriously." Blaine shared "I can tell with the way they are warming up like they are in a jazzer size video or practicing bird calls. And let me guess you guys are gonna go second? Because pfft, why not show everyone the same god awful routines your group has been doing for the past one hundred years!" Caroline voiced "oh, thanks, Caroline. By the way how is the filling up of your roster going? Is that going okay?" Blaine asked.

As Caroline chuckled "well, I for one am not gonna answer that because I know you don't actually care just like I don't actually care that your outfit doesn't match." she told him and when she did, Blaine looked down at his outfit whee he wore a pink button up and a blue blazer and Caroline took that as a win, having expected him to fire back not actually looked at his outfit "okay, it's an invitational. We don't have to follow the strict show choir rules." Kurt shared, and as he did, Blaine then looked back up from his outfit, having taken. blow from Caroline as he realized his outfit indeed doesn't match, as he noticed the smirk on her face, he chuckled "I don't want to be that guy but I will be that guy and ask you Caroline." he said, as he cleared his throat.