041. THE BIG APPLE

Chapter forty one
"The big apple."

They had finally made it to New York, having flown first class, it was the first time for many of them even being on a plane before or even out of Ohio, where the buildings were larger then life and the streets were busy and the lights were very bright and the noise was loud, as they all sat right in the middle of time square, on some steps, Kurt was laughing "a year and a half ago, the new directions, were nothing but a group of six misfits stumbling their way through a horrific rendition of sit down your rocking the boat. Now, here we are at the top of show choir heap. Nationals!" he shared.

"I wanna hit up central park, get my frolic on." Tina told them "I wanna throw stuff off Brooklyn bridge." Puck told them "guys, hold on. I mean, we still have two songs to write." Finn told them, seeing as nobody had two songs written by the time they touched down here but how could they? The excitement of just being somewhere none of them ever imagined being was a lot, in which Caroline ignored him and turned to Sam "so, was your family excited that you were coming to New York on an all expense free semi vacation?" she asked him, laughing as Sam joined her "yeah, they were excited. I mean look where we are." Sam told her, motioning around them and when she turned around, looking at the city again, Sam was busy looking at her.

"But I think we still have some time for a tune before we leave." Kurt told them, as he then started singing.

"Start spreading the news."

They all then started singing with him.

"Im leaving today

I want to be a part of it

New York, New York."

Rachel then walked up to them "guys, I have news. To celebrate are impending win at nationals, I got us all fourteen tickets to broadways longest running show ever. Cats." she told them, showing off the tickets "whoo!" Britney cheered "you might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because cats closed about eleven years ago." Quinn informed her "he did seem crazy. He charged my credit card by swiping it through his butt crack." Rachel told them, making Caroline laugh as she leaned back into Sam who instinctively put his arm around her as he laughed with her.

They then made it into the hotel as Caroline was with Mike and Sam putting the luggage on the cart as Mr Schuester walked over to them "so, room's are gonna be boys and girls but we're gonna have a group meeting first. Have any of you seen Puckerman?" he asked "uh, no, ask Finn!" Caroline told him as Mr Schuester nodded and turned walking off "okay, come on." Sam told them, as the three began pushing the cart.

Making it into the room, they all were in one room right now that had a desk, two beds, couches and chairs as Mr Schuester handed it out words books to everyone, Caroline had her songbook out and her acoustic guitar while Kurt looked at the room service menu "do you know that I can get an ahi tartare and a steak sandwich at three in the morning from their all night dining menu? I feel like Elouise." he told them "I have pills for that." Britney told him, as Mr Schuester then looked at them all "all right, guys. This is your time." he told them as he walked to the door to leave but then turned to them all "now, you are all on lockdown till you finish writing our songs for nationals. I want at least two solid verses by the time I get back." he told them.

"Why? What? Are you gonna go join the cast of newsies or something? Because that's what you look." Caroline told him as Santana chuckled "no. But I will be back and read your amazing creations and give notes. But right now I have to head to the theater to uh, fill out some paper work." Mr Schuester told them as he turned, heading out, leaving them all to writing.