018. GAGA

Chapter eighteen
"Gaga."

After school, Caroline and Finn's mom had taken them somewhere but they were told to keep their eyes closed "step. One more." she told them "is there a car down here for me?" Finn asked "a car? We're inside. Or at least I think." Caroline told him, furrowing her brows "and open your eyes." their mom told them, as the two did so, they were in Kurt's basement and a welcome home banner was on the wall as the two looked to their right seeing Burt and Kurt standing there "sparkling cider." Kurt told them, dressed like a waiter as he lifted up as glass with cider in it.

Caroline and Finn looked to their mom confused "yeah." she told them as she walked to Burt and Kurt "welcome home. But who went somewhere?" Finn asked "yeah.." Caroline trailed off as her and Finn walked towards them "Burt asked us to move in with them." their mom informed them as Burt smiled "and you chose to tell us like this?" Caroline asked as their mom and Burt's faces fell "the party was my idea. If you're gonna say something, say it loud, right?' Kurt asked "yeah. It's gonna take some getting used to, but you're gonna love it. Okay, now you don't have to drag your tail over here every time you want to watch something on the old fifty five incher." Burt shared, turning around.

"We got a lot of food. Some ethnic food. It's some ethnicity that's not ours." he shared, turning around and holding two things out to Finn and Caroline "tuna crud? There you go." he told them as Finn and Caroline held it in their hands "Finn, Caroline, this house is twice as big as ours. It has two bathrooms." their mom shared "two and a half." Burt told her "I don't want an extra bathroom. Or a tuna crude. I just want my house back." Finn shared "I think I know what this resistance is about. Our room. And I couldn't agree more. The palette in here is totally unflattering to your skin tone. Not everyone can pull of Dior grey." Kurt mentioned as Caroline and Finn looked at him, Caroline turned to her mom and Burt "I'm not living down here, am I?" she asked.

"Yeah, cause I am not cool with that." Finn mentioned "no, Caroline, you got your own room upstairs." Burt told her "and it's bigger than the one you had at home." their mom shared "wait, we're sharing a room. I'm not cool with that." Finn mentioned as he looked to them "baby, I know it's weird, okay? But it can't be much of a surprise and in time you two are gonna be as happy as I am." their mom shared 'yeah, look I'll knock out a wall upstairs, I'll put an edition on, okay? But for now maybe this will grease the wheels a bit? Huh?" Burt asked them, as he began pulling out money to hand to Caroline and Finn "hey, look there's three hundred. Have at it. You two redecorate." he told them.

As Kurt ran over and took Finn's money but when he went to take Carolines she pulled her hand back "don't worry, roomie, Mr Ikea catalog and I will have this all figured out. I'm going to put together a palette that expresses who you are and who I want you to be. Who you want to be." Kurt told Finn and Caroline furrowed her brows "Kurt, you can't do this to him.." she was trying to tell him as Burt's voice spoke over her's "hey, what night's game night?" he asked, putting his arm around their mom and Kurt "you play sorry?" he asked "you know. Sorry." their mom told them, as Caroline and Finn furrowed their brows "I will beat you both." Burt told them, as Caroline shook her head.

And it seemed that wasn't the only thing changing cause the next day, Tina was at school but in sweats opposed to her normal goth look "it's so weird." Artie mentioned "this so isn't you." Finn told her "I feel like an Asian Branch Davidian." Tina mentioned "Tina are there any looks you can try?" Mr Schuester asked "biker chick?" Santana suggested as Tina put a thumbs down "cowgirl?" Finn asked "hood rat." Mercedes mentioned as Tina kept her finger down "computer programmer." Quinn mentioned "cross country skier." Britney mentioned "catholic school girl." Puck suggested "a happy meal, no onions. Or a chicken." Britney mentioned "look, I appreciate it, guys, but it just isn't me. I know who I am, and I'm not allowed to show it, it's like communism." Tina mentioned.