022. BRITNEY

Chapter twenty two
"Britney."

In glee club, Mr Schuester had written Christopher Cross on the board as the bell rang, he turned to them all "all right. Who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" he asked "he discovered America." Britney said "close. He did write an iconic chart topper, sailing." Mr Schuester told them "what?" Caroline asked, having never even heard that song before "I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt told them "never heard of him. Don't wanna hear about him." Tina mentioned.

"Now, some people think of the term, easy listening, as a bad thing, but I'm gonna let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones and you guys are really good about putting it all out there." Mr Schuester shared as he began handing out sheet music "but really good music can also be controlled and restrained. It doesn't have to attack an audience. It can let them come to you." he told them, as they all looked at the song "how can you get caught between the moon and New York City? They're like a hundred miles apart." Finn shared.

"Mr Schue, if I may, I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth adult contemporary. It's just that, as teens, this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that is sweet over five members. The ardent demand? That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley high school glee club perform a number by wait for it, Ms Britney Spears." Kurt shared "yo, Spears is fierce, yo." Artie told them as Tina clapped "we really should." Caroline told them, smiling, as they all began talking about.

Mr Schuester then cleared his throat "sorry, Kurt. Kurt. Sorry. No. No. No. I don't think she's a very good role model." he told them "but Mr Schue, we kind of grew up with her." Rachel mentioned "she's literally why I wanted to become a performer." Tina shared "I don't wanna do Britney." Britney told them "why no, Britney? Britney?" Kurt asked her "cause my name is also Britney Spears." Britney told them as they all looked to her confused "what?" Mr Scheuster asked her "what the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes asked "my middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce. That makes me Britney S Pierce. Britney Spierce. I've lived my entire life in Britney Spears shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want glee club to remain a place where I, Britney S Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears." Britney shared.

"Well, there you have it, guys. It's been decided. No Britney. Sorry." Mr Schuester told them "thanks, Brit. Thank a lot." Kurt told her "yeah, what you said doesn't even make sense!" Caroline voiced "leave Britney alone." Santana told them, as Caroline rolled her eyes "um, can we move on?" Rachel asked "yes. Let's talk about Michael Bolton." Mr Schuester told them as Caroline huffed and leaned her head back.

Having gone to her locker after, Caroline opened it and when she did, her books fell out of her hand as someone bumped into her from behind "seriously?" she asked, crouching down and as she did, she turned her head to collect more of them but as she did, she bumped heads with someone "ow!" she along with someone else voiced, as they both chuckled "I'm sorry." a boy told her as Caroline shook her head "it's fine. Um, I can pick all this up, on my own." she told him "nah, we are locker neighbors anyway. So, it's better we get to know each other now." the boy told her, and as Caroline looked up she was met with a blonde boy who had a Justin Bieber haircut.

Although, the books falling out of her hand and a boy helping her pick them up, reminded her of Jesse as her smile fell and she began to panic, quickly picking up her things "um, yeah. Thank you, um.." she told him, as she stood up "Sam." Sam told her as he stood up, handing her the rest as Caroline turned putting them in her locker "uh, I'm Caroline." she told him, grabbing what she needed "I..I have to go. It was nice meeting you, Sam." she told him, her voice coming out shaky as she shut her door, and turned walking away from him, and as she did, Sam watched her go.