024. DUET PARTNERS

Chapter twenty four
"Duet partners."

Sitting in glee club, Mr Schuester walked in "all right, let's, uh..let's gather around. Sorry, I'm late guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie." he told them as he sat down on the stole in front of them "really was just a matter of time." Tina shared "what did he do?" Quinn asked "he drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Mr Schuester shared, as some of them laughed "and when is he getting out?" Rachel asked "unknown." Mr Schuester told her.

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet and that's coming from me." Britney shared "guys. Let's have some sympathy." Mr Schuester told them "for a guy who put his needs before the teams? We need his voice and his bad boy stage presence." Finn shared "we can't look at this as a crisis. It's an opportunity." Mr Schuester told them "for what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked "for welcome our new member, Sam Evans." Mr Schuester told them, and when he did, Caroline's eyes lit up as Sam ran in "there he is." Mr Schuester told them as Sam went up to him and shook hands "hey, everybody. I'm Sam. Sam I am. And I don't like green eggs and ham." Sam told them.

In which Caroline laughed, and Finn picked up on that "wow, he has no game." Santana said "okay. This is gonna be great." Finn told them, as he got up, walking toward's him "you're not regret joining, Sam." he told him, shaking his hand as Mr Schuester walked off "oh, good." Sam told him and as Caroline wasn't looking, Finn pointed to the seat right next to her "you can sit next to Caroline." he told her, as the two walked to their seats.

"All right. Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr Schuester asked "a blanket." Britney told them "a duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers compliment each other, push each other to be better. Now, some people.." Mr Schuester was explaining as Sam leaned over to Caroline "is there always this much talking? I thought there'd be more singing?" he asked her, making Caroline laugh, as she leaned toward him "well, sometimes he gets into this teaching mode where he feels like explaining a lot of things and other times he just tells us what the theme is and we all start thinking about what song to sing." she shared.

"And that's what duets are all about." Mr Schuester told them as the two moved away from each other and began listening "so, this eek, I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seem to love our little defying gravity diva off, I'm making this a competition." Mr Schuester told them "what's the winner get?" Mike asked "dinner for two, one me, at breadstix." Mr Schuester told them, and while everyone else got excited, Caroline's eyes went wide, having not gone back there since vocal adrenaline kidnapped her, although unknowing to her, Sam was looking at her "you okay?" he asked her "yeah, I just, um, have a bad experience with breadstix that's all." Caroline told him, forcing a smile as she looked back at him.

Walking in school the next day, Caroline was texting Sam on her phone and the two had been texting each other about the glee assignment and how he was gonna be singing with Kurt, he asked her to meet him during lunch but before she could say yes or no, Finn grabbed her arm and pulled her in a corridor as she yelped, Finn looked at her apologetically "sorry, it's just me. But I really need to talk to you right now cause we might have a problem." he told her "yeah, I might need to go to the nurse to get my arm put back in my socket." Caroline informed him, as Finn huffed "Caroline, I'm serious! Kurt's trying to do a duet with Sam and I don't know how to stop it without Kurt thinking I'm a homophobe cause he kind of already thinks I am after I yelled fag in his bedroom about the stuff he picked out.." he shared.