085. UNPLUGGED WEEK

Chapter eighty five

"Unplugged week."

The bell rang as they all began walking into the choir room, Ryder was already sitting in there along with Artie, Unique and Kitty, as Mr Schuester walked in "guys, we got a problem. Her name is Frida Romero. With regionals only a few weeks away, I went to scout out the competition. Hoosierdaddies have a secret weapon. She's a tiny sophomore, never competed before, but her voice could fill an arena. I mean it's big. The only way to beat them is to be huge. I'm talking stadium huge. Epic songs that will blow the heads off 100,000 people at a time." Mr Schuester shared.

And as he did, the lights then went out "zombie apocalypse." Sam said "or Beyonce's halftime show." Unique mentioned, as Principal Figgins voice came over the PA "children, this power outage is not an emergency. Nor is it an excuse to go wilding through the hallways. While we're investigating the root of this near calamity, classes will continue, and your brains are to remain in the on positions. If the darkness persists, candles and flashlights will be distributed based on grade point average. I now have to turn off the PA system so I can save our precious generator resources for the coffee machine and my plug in lower back vibrator." he shared, as the PA system went off.

"Well, that put's a damper on our stadium songs. Time for a new appropriate lesson. Ladies and gentlemen..it's unplugged week." mr Schuester told them with a smile on his face.

The next day, they were all back in glee club in the choir room and the power was still out as Mr Schuester was giving out lanterns "I know these conditions aren't ideal, but I wanna thank you guys for toughing it out. And we have our first volunteer, who is going to show us how to get back to basics and really strip it down." he shared, as Caroline watched as Jake shined the flashlight right into his face, she chuckled taking it from him "so, let's give it up to Sam." Mr Schuester told them as they all clapped.

Sam got up with his guitar "uh, take it away." Mr Schuester told him as he went and sat down, Sam sat on the stool in front of them all "thanks. Um, when Mr Schue started talking about being big, I started thinking about Phil Spector's legendary wall of sound and how he would us like thousand of instruments so his songs could really fill a stadium. And then I started thinking about stripping, um, out all that extra noise to get to the essence of the song. Plus, my mom said I was conceived to this song, so I kind of owe my existence to the righteous brothers. Anyways, uh, here it goes." Sam told them, as he started to play his guitar he then sang.

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips

And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips
You're trying hard not to show it
But baby, baby, I know it."

Ryder then began singing with him.

"You've lost that lovin' feeling
Whoa, that lovin' feeling
You've lost that lovin' feeling
Now it's gone, gone, gone, woo."

The two then were still singing together as the other new directions were harmonizing.

"We had a love, a love, a love you don't find everyday."

Sam then sang.

"Oh, babe."

Ryder then sang.

"Oh, baby."